PDA

View Full Version : ON Maternity Pants Question - Thigh Room?

lizzywednesday
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
OK, so with the cold snap, I've realized that stretch pants simply will NOT get me through the winter, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy real pants.

Up 'til now, I've been studiously avoiding ON pants because I am still peeved with them for changing their jeans' fit almost 3 years ago, but they actually have one style that comes in a long inseam (34") ... but I have a question.

Have any of you ladies tried the ON Maternity Perfect Khakis?

How is the fit through the thigh? There's no description of the pant leg other than "boot cut" ... which could mean straight-leg or it could mean fit-and-flare.

My thighs, through no fault of my own other than genetics, are heavy.

A fit-and-flare style, even in a size 18 or 20, will still be impossible to wear because, apparently, ON pants designers think that even "plus" sizes have spaghetti legs.

However, a straight leg style will have a chance at fitting.

The pants are currently on sale, so I would like to buy some ASAP, but would prefer to have as much information about them before I try them on as possible.

Thanks in advance!

pb&j
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I always hated ON maternity pants. All their pants, maternity or not, seem to be built for teenagers with no thighs. I'm pretty petite (115 lbs), but ON pants don't fit at all b/c of my thighs. Or, I should say, the pants' cut. My thighs are fine, TYVM.

It's been over a year since I last shopped for maternity pants, so it's possible they've changed their cut.

lizzywednesday
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I always hated ON maternity pants. All their pants, maternity or not, seem to be built for teenagers with no thighs. I'm pretty petite (115 lbs), but ON pants don't fit at all b/c of my thighs. Or, I should say, the pants' cut. My thighs are fine, TYVM.

It's been over a year since I last shopped for maternity pants, so it's possible they've changed their cut.

Nah, I don't think so.

My cousin Charles works PT at an ON and I b!tched to him when they changed their pants' cuts about 3 years ago and now it seems like only their "supermodelquins" can wear them!

I don't understand how you can logically expect a woman wearing a size 16, 18 or 20 to have teenagers' thighs! I mean, if you've got 51" hips, doesn't it logically follow that you'll have proportional thighs?

FTR, even as a teenager, I had heavy thighs. I've had my heart broken by pants before ... when they wouldn't budge over my CALVES. (Sue me. I played soccer as a kid.)

KathyN115
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Granted, its been over three years, but my favorite maternity pants came from Old Navy. They had a waist just like these, but were regular length:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26257&vid=1&pid=635852&scid=635852002

They were so comfy and fit so well I bought two different colors, and wore them all the time! I am an 8-10 and the medium worked for me all the way to the end. I would definitely try them, if they don't work out you can return them to Old Navy. And, FYI, I hated, HATED the roll panel. They didn't work either way (up or rolled) for me. Good Luck!

Kymberley
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I bought a pair of these pants last year, and I HATED them. I actually liked the ones at Target better. The were definitely fitted and flared. ugh.

MontrealMum
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
My favorite maternity pants were ON jeans in long. They were the only brand I ever found to be long enough. I don't know how much has changed in the past few years, but they were similar to these: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5852&vid=1&pid=675526 Normally, I need at least an 18" thigh (I have muscular legs) and these were fine for me (there are many jeans that I can't pull up past my knees). Unfortunately, they fell apart somewhere around my 7th or 8th month. I had two pairs and in both the maternity band separated from the jeans. I was po'ed, and never did find anything similarly comfortable. I was lucky that my pregnancy ended in the summer and made do with capris. I don't know much about their other pants as only a small fraction of their maternity line is available up here.

lizzywednesday
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Oops! Forgot to mention I am terrified of anything labeled "low rise" ... the muffin top doesn't like it!

This is partly why I was considering the full-panel, which is effectively what I've been doing with my stretch pants.

I also desperately need a long inseam length (34" is the bare minimum that will work for me) but definitely need the thigh room, so that's why I've asked all y'all for help.

THANK YOU everyone who responded. You're helping a lot more than you know.