PDA

View Full Version : Not thrilled with color schemes for PNP, etc...

karenj2
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
DH and I (and my sister ;) ) went to BRU yesterday to start our registry, but I'm really not thrilled by the colors that they have right now... Whatever happened to the truly neutral color schemes? The navy & yellows? etc.?

The PNP that we liked the most was tan and day glow orange - eh. The only blues were a turquoise color, and the lime green & brownish-gray... yikes!

I wanted a Graco because I've heard their quality is better, but I found a beige/brown/black PNP by Cosco that's pretty - of course it's currently out of stock, though. :(

*Sigh* Do you think next year's colors might be a bit better?

Kymberley
10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I was the same way. I ended up buying my PNP from Walmart.com because at least it wasn't UGLY. It actually ended up being cheaper than BRU as well, so double bonus! I'd look around online some more, you might find one that you like better. No idea about next years colors, sorry I'm no help there.

jenfromnj
10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
If you are near a BuyBuyBaby (I know there is one in Cherry Hill, not sure if that's near you in the Philly 'burbs), it might be worth checking out. We registered for our pack and play and carseat (green and light grey) and some other items there--they often have different patterns, etc, and might be worth checking out.

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Definitely stick with Graco. Did you look on the GracoBaby.com website? They have lots of options there, and you can click to find out which stores have them.

Are you registering somewhere else besides BRU? I barely had anything on my registry there b/c there is so much more interesting stuff elsewhere. My advice is 1)determine what your needs truly are: are you going to be using it downstairs as a changing area? Just travel? 2) search the web - Walmart has a couple great basic ones someone can buy and have shipped to the store if they don't carry them in the local store. AlbeeBaby.com has lots too with free shipping. I'd think buybuybaby.com would be a good place to look also.

katydid1971
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Try Target, I just checked the website and saw this one, it might work. Plus lots of people check Target for baby registry so its good to have one there anyway :) Congrats on your new little one coming :thumbsup:
http://www.target.com/Graco-Newborn-Napper-Play-Melbourne/dp/B001F6ZT2M/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1041924&node=1041924&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Graco%20Newborn%20Napper%20Play-%20Melbourne

Piglet
10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Graco is realyl annoying that way - they have exclusive colours with certain stores, so if you love a coliour that TRU doesn't carry, you have to get it elsewhere. There are LOTS (almost too many) of choices on Graco's website!

MamaMolly
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
We bought out PNP at the Baby Store at Burlington Coat Factory. Not a lovely shopping experience. Picture about 4 racks crammed with crapola...but we ended up with getting a navy and tan plaid one (*not* what I wanted, I was all about the frou-frou) but it had the features I was looking for at about $50 to $75 less than other models. I couldn't turn down the price, and in hindsight I'm glad I got a more neutral one. It may have been a discontinued pattern or a return (unopened), which is another thing to hunt for. ITA with shopping around to get a better price and color choice. GL

lizzywednesday
10-19-2009, 02:15 PM
One note about the Buy Buy Baby website is that it truly stinks. Also, my brother tells me he hates the store in Paramus so much that he has threatened to withhold any gifts for the baby-on-the-way if I register there. (I think he's just trying to make up an excuse because he'll be broke after his wedding.)

If you find it elsewhere, you can always add it to an Amazon.com registry using their "universal registry" button. (Incidentally, I already like the Amazon registry best!)

maestramommy
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeeeikes! I was gonna say what's the big deal with colors, but what you describe sounds scary:p Have you considered a secondhand store? There was a nice one near where I used to live and they had many PnPs.

catsnkid
10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
That happened to me- I hated TRU's choices and ended up with an Evenflo pack & play and hate it. I'm starting to wish I returned it and got the one I liked from Target. I didn't want to register at Target.

applebutter
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Check out the Little Hoot pattern at Target - sooo cute! I have it for DS, very neutral (brown/aqua).

lizzywednesday
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Check out the Little Hoot pattern at Target - sooo cute! I have it for DS, very neutral (brown/aqua).

I just registered for that PNP ... saw it today @ Target and LOVED that print & the green & tan monkey print, so I snapped phone-photos for DH.

We picked the "Hoot" pattern because it's brown ... we figure brown will hide stains better than green!

karenj2
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
I've been using "Wishpot" for items that I'd like that aren't from BRU, and after your suggestions I found the Pooh Flying a Kite PnP at Target, so now it's on my Wishpot list. Hopefully it'll be around when/if someone actually decides to get it. (Either that or I should go ahead and get it myself... It's on sale for $90.)

kristac
10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
They do make pack and play slip covers-

http://www.coverplayard.com/

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/183-8382839-0673218?ASIN=B001F6ZSN2&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B001F6ZSN2|Coverplay_Play_Yard_Slipcover_Multi _Dots&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B001F6ZSN2&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001