PDA

View Full Version : I actually like my skinny jeans, even while still needing to lose my pregnancy weight

maylips
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
So, my post baby jello belly is grossing me out, so over the weekend I bought some long cardigans to hide as much as possible. These looked frumpy with my regular fat jeans so I also got some skinny jeans from H&M.

Verdict: I actually don't look so horrible in them. Now, I won't pair a cropped shirt with them any time soon, but they actually make me look (kind of) small and hip with the long cardys.

I thought the fashion rule was that you weren't allowed to revisit a trend if you lived through it the first time and I distinctly remember my jeans with the zip ankles but there you go. :jammin:

elektra
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh nice! Good call on H&M too! I bet they look nice but didn't break the bank. I have been kind of wanting to get some too, but the price of jeans in general was what was holding me back.
I am lucky in that I have lost all the baby weight and then some, so I think I might be able to pull them off too, (with the proper top of course. ;))

maylips
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, I shared my skinny jean success, so you have to share your "I lost the baby weight plus" success!

elektra
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
The "no dairy" thing. Period.
(Well breastfeeding probably has a part too.)
I have a major sweet tooth and just by cutting out ice cream, chocolate and cookies, it made the weight drop off. I had to do this since DS seems to have a milk intolerance.
And then I also have less opportunity to go out and grab food so I end up eating small meals of what I have at home.
I am by no means skinny now, but I don't look like I just gave birth either.
Wish I had some miracle diet to share. :)

KathyN115
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I actually like my skinny jeans too, but only with long tops and tall boots. I tried them with ballet flats - NOPE! Looks cute on some, but not on me!