PDA

View Full Version : Need Fall Party Ideas for Preschoolers

almostamom
10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Another mom and I are in charge of the preschool's fall party. The children range in age from 3 - 5. There are 14 children. We need to come up with games and crafts but cannot use anything Halloween related so no spiders, cats, jack-o-lanterns, etc. We can use pumpkins and leaves, however, we're in the desert and the nearest fall leaves are an hour away. We can do outside or inside activities. The teacher would like us to come up with 3 games and 1 craft. I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions.

TIA,

Linda

sariana
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
What about apples? It's apple harvest time.

You could read Ten Apples up on Top and then play a game to see who can keep an apple balanced on his/her head the longest. Or do a relay race with apples (rolling them across the field, using one as a "baton," or even balancing one on the head while racing).

I know there must be good apple crafts out there, but I can't think of any...

There are so many varieties of apples. Maybe they could mix paints to see if they can match the color of a red delicious, a Granny Smith, a Jonagold, etc. Then they could paint an apple with their favorite color.

tamie
10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
At our local Target they had a Pin the feather on the Turkey in the dollar spot.

I am having a fall party at my house in a few weeks and we are going to have a pumpkin roll race and a sack race.

Jen841
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
E's preschool this week is tasting and graphing what apples they like.

A favorite 'fall' type of activity I know kids love is donut eatting... hang them from something and they have to eat them.

hellokitty
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Pumpking bowling is a big hit. Get those little pumpkins. Get empty water bottles, stuff them with orange confetti. There you go, pumpkin bowling.

Java
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
You can do necklaces with fall colored pasta. The center item can be a foam leaf.

Autumn windsock. Fall colored construction paper. Let the kids decorate it with fall stamps and stickers (leaves, pumpkins, etc.), glue stick fall colored crepe paper on the bottom for streamers. Make two holes on the top and string with yarn.

Fall placemat. Fall colored construction paper. Decorate with leaves, drawings, stickers, stamps, etc. Cover with contact paper.

Pumpkin bowling. Decorate liter bottles and use little pumpkins as the bowling ball.

Ring toss pumpkins. Or stand up gourds and ring toss.

Pin the leaf on the tree. Draw a leafless tree. Give each child a paper leaf and have them "pin" a leaf on the tree. You can use double sided tape. Same concept with a scarecrow (pin the hat or nose, etc.)

Fall bingo. Instead of numbers and letters use fall pictures. Instead of chips, use fall colored M&M's or marshmallows.