PDA

View Full Version : mini micro scooter 20% off--best scooter EVER! Update post 32.

nabigus
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
This is the best preschool scooter ever. Seriously. Ds got his for his 3rd birthday, and it's hands-down the best kid purchase we've made to date. It took him about a half hour to figure it out, and about a day to be fully functional (as in, good enough to walk the 20 minutes on busy sidewalks with a lot of foot traffic to school with no problem). The design is fantastic, very lightweight (in case you end up carrying it up the hills), and super easy to steer (by leaning the handlebar, rather than by turning it).

Anywho, hope this helps someone.

From the Parents Connect email:

Get a kick out of the three-wheel, Swiss-designed Mini and Maxi Kick Scooters (for kids ages 3-5, and 6-10). Scooters are lightweight and durable, with lean-and-steer maneuvering and a flexible footboard for a smooth ride. Save 20% on purchases with our exclusive code!

Phone: 888.236.5657
http://www.kickboardusa.com
Expires: Nov 15, 2009
Enter code Parentsconnect at check out.

Direct link to the Mini: http://www.kickboardusa.com/index.php?viewPage=products&main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2&color=4

NEW CODE will be good through Nov 23, 2009 :
BARGAINBABY09

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
We have that one and DD was so excited to get it. Now, it is at the ILs' house and she never gets to go over there b/c their house is on the market and their car is having problems. Maybe I should go swipe it and let her ride it while I walk the boys in the stroller. Thanks for the reminder of what a fun 'cooter it is! (She kept saying that she wanted a blue 'cooter for her b'day!)

lil_acorn
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
We have this scooter. It is pricey but we love it. First bought it for my son at 3 and now my 2 year old is using it too. Highly recommended.

emschwar
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Is this stable enough for a just turned 2 year old?

lil_acorn
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
my son was born 6/07 and he has been riding since late spring /early summer so I'd say yes. But he only scoots himself for a little bit. After a while, he just puts both feet up, hangs on tight and asks me to push him along...I wish it were motorized!

sujathas
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
could make a great xmas gift. How good is this price, with the 20% discount?

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
This price is the best I've seen on it. IL's paid $75 plus tax at Learning Express - so if you can wait until they have their sale, that might be better, but...

We're going to get IL's to buy one for DS for his 2nd b'day I think. It's hard b/c he wants to do everything DD wants to do. I didn't realize that having DC 18 mos apart means two of EVERYTHING. Please tell me we won't need THREE of everything soon!

jenstring95
10-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you, OP! I have had this in my cart on Amazon for months, and the price has not budged. This is the best price I have seen - just ordered one!

sewarsh
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
My DD oohs and ahhs at scooters at the park. i never got her a tricycle...she always talked about getting a bike. so we got her a balance bike and she's still slightly too scared to fully use it and hardly uses it at all. she's since asked for tricycles but i'm afraid she'll never use the bike if she has a tricycle (thinking about getting DS one for holidays). Anyways, at the end of the day, don't think she needs this scooter at all, but you guys say its great and hopefully she'll be less scared to use this than the bike (although she is such a fraidy cat!).

i'm thinking about going for orange. any of you have orange? reviewer on amazon complained the sun faded the color really bad and that it looks horrible....just curious.

thaks!

kcimato
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks,
Just ordered one

pakin
10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
DD LOVES this scooter. She got it for her fourth birthday. I first saw David Beckham's yongest son with it and thought that it looked really cool. It got great review on amazon. I agree that this is the best price I've ever seen.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
What would I do if you guys didn't do my bargain shopping for me? FIL thinks our two oldest will be happier to ride together than one at a time :) In for one orange!

mom2kaivi
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
I just read all the reviews on Amazon and this scooter sounds GREAT. We want to buy our twins scooters for Christmas. However, I'm a little worried as my twins will be 4 1/2 this Christmas. Do you think they're too old? They're both average size but on the lean side. Do you think this scooter would work for them for a couple of years or do you think I should try something else?

Do you think a maxi might be better... or maybe just a razor?

Thanks

lil_acorn
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
At 4.5 I'd probably vote for a razor scooter or 2 wheeled scotter. My 5 year old will ride it but he looks too big for it. Plus I figure it's good for him to practice balance in preparation for 2 wheeled bikes.

nabigus
10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
My ds is just 4, and it's still going strong for us, but I'm guessing he'll transition to a 2-wheeled scooter or a "big boy" bike sometime in the next year. I'm not sure I'd buy it for a 4.5 year old, just because of that.

Razor makes a 2-wheeled scooter with a slightly bigger board and bigger wheels, so it's a smoother ride than the original: http://www.razor.com/products/cruiser-scooter.php

NewMom2007
10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks OP! Had never heard of this scooter before, but it looks great. DS currently uses a 2 wheeled scooter handed down from the neighbor, but I'm not a huge fan since he could really use 3 wheels.

Charlie
10-20-2009, 11:35 AM
OOOOh these are super popular in our neighborhood and I was thinking of getting one for DS for his 2nd birthday.....but this price is making me think of getting it now and just putting it away. Do your kids wear helmets or other protective gear while on the scooter? Just wondering what I would need.

nabigus
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Do your kids wear helmets or other protective gear while on the scooter? Just wondering what I would need.

Absolutely! Given how fast this scooter can go, ds wears a bike helmet. It's an incredibly stable scooter, but falls happen. Ds got run over--quite literally--by a big kid on a bike who lost control, and hit his (helmeted!) head pretty hard.

NewMom2007
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
My DS always wears a helmet - he's so into it, he doesn't let the neighbor kids borrow his scooter w/o a helmet :-)

I was surprised the gallery on the site didn't show more kids with protective gear.

emschwar
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I just ordered one for our 2 year old. I hope he likes it!

jetrlw
10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I just ordered one for my 2 year old. I need to stop reading this message board and stop spending money on toys!! Thanks OP!

fortato
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Should I order the Mini or a Maxi for Jack- he'll be 4 in the spring....

He's also pretty little. 37 inches.

Chag78
10-20-2009, 07:48 PM
How much is shipping?

NewMom2007
10-20-2009, 08:59 PM
How much is shipping?

Shipping is free.

theshan
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
i placed my order but didn't get a confirmation email--did everyone else?

sewarsh
10-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Sweet!! Sent it to my IL's and they are getting it for DD!! Saves us $$$! :cheerleader1:

fortato
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I didn't get a confirmation email, but just checked my account and it says "delivered"???? So, I'm assuming that it was completed....

emschwar
10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I got a confirmation email.

american_mama
10-22-2009, 12:18 AM
anyone know anything about the balance bike they sell... I think it's the G bike? It looks weird, but is extremely lightweight, which seems like it would work well for a toddler. DS is only 18 mos. so too young, but I love the idea of a balance bike and assume he'll really like having some outdoor trasnport for himself with two older sisters whizzing around on bikes. A balance bike would have a much longer lifespan than my alternative of a Cozy Coupe.

brennanavery
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Wow! I ordered mine yesterday morning and it was here today!

kristac
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I just saw one of these at Tuesday Morning. I want to say it was $19.99 ?? Maybe I should go back and grab it? DS1 already has a scooter though and I'm not sure DS2 is ready for one yet... DH will kill me if we have another toy in the garage. Will it work well in the house you think? We have very low berber in one room and hardwoods everywhere else.

nabigus
10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Stop the presses! I just talked to their customer service, and a couple of updates:

First, they're doing a BBB code, good for one month from now.
BARGAINBABY09

Second, my ds is going to outgrow his Mini pretty soon, so I asked about the Maxi. It now has a T-bar option!!! The lowest setting is 24", the same height as a Mini. It weighs about 1 1/2 lbs more, so if you have a ~4 year old, you might want to get a Maxi instead of the Mini, and it will last forever. AND you can then just get a ball grip to switch out for the T-bar for when they get older. It's more expensive (150 before discount), but it would last forever.
http://www.kickboardusa.com/index.php?viewPage=products&main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3
(if it's showing up with the ball top, look to the top right of the scooter picture and you should see a "t-bar option" photo.)

Also, for those whose kids are nearing the 40 lb. weight limit, the Micro was actually tested up to 60 lbs, so height rather than weight is more the limiting factor.

Chag78
10-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Does the mini have 1 setting (the 24")? If so, it makes sense to just get the Maxi, no?

emschwar
10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Did anyone get notification when their scooter shipped?

las710
10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I did -- via UPS. And I received it a couple of days later.

emschwar
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
I did -- via UPS. And I received it a couple of days later.

oooooh. I got a shipping thing from ups, but had no idea what it was for. That's what I get for ordering loads of stuff online. Just checked the tracking number and it should arrive today!

chlobo
10-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I just saw one of these at Tuesday Morning. I want to say it was $19.99 ?? Maybe I should go back and grab it? DS1 already has a scooter though and I'm not sure DS2 is ready for one yet... DH will kill me if we have another toy in the garage. Will it work well in the house you think? We have very low berber in one room and hardwoods everywhere else.

Did you see this brand there? Or just a 3 wheeled scooter?

kcimato
10-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Do you have to assemble the mini or is it pretty much together?

WatchingThemGrow
10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I think the assembly is minimal. DH doesn't remember having to do much/anything.

WatchingThemGrow
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Just showed DH the video of the Maxi - and he's appalled the kids are not wearing helmets. DD is fully protected on her scooter- pads and helmet. Do you make your kids wear them on the scooter?

neeleymartin
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Stop the presses! I just talked to their customer service, and a couple of updates:

First, they're doing a BBB code, good for one month from now.
BARGAINBABY09

Second, my ds is going to outgrow his Mini pretty soon, so I asked about the Maxi. It now has a T-bar option!!! The lowest setting is 24", the same height as a Mini. It weighs about 1 1/2 lbs more, so if you have a ~4 year old, you might want to get a Maxi instead of the Mini, and it will last forever. AND you can then just get a ball grip to switch out for the T-bar for when they get older. It's more expensive (150 before discount), but it would last forever.
http://www.kickboardusa.com/index.php?viewPage=products&main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3
(if it's showing up with the ball top, look to the top right of the scooter picture and you should see a "t-bar option" photo.)

Also, for those whose kids are nearing the 40 lb. weight limit, the Micro was actually tested up to 60 lbs, so height rather than weight is more the limiting factor.

this code didn't work. just tried to place an order. "invalid coupon code"

stick with the original "Parentsconnect" code, it worked like a charm. got the mini shipped for $63.99. keep in mind that the original poster says that it is only valid through nov. 15.

rupptopia
11-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I just got an email from them with 25% off a maxi kick with coupon maxi25, good though Nov 18th.

I just ordered my tall 5 yr old DS a maxi & a mini for my 20 month old (separate order, using the parentsconnect code). I figure they will be a big hit next summer.

The t bar option for the maxi is sold out until mid Nov though. I'm hoping DS likes the round ball steering, from the reviews I have read it doesn't seem to be an issue.

supercalifragilous
11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
DD tried the Maxi out in the store (she is 5.5 y/o) and loved it. But the storekeeper said they are coming out with a new one really soon similar to the Micro/Razor scooters but easy to steer and sturdy like the Mini/Maxi. She recommended to get the new one for DD because she said most kids will use the Maxi to learn to scooter and eventually want one that everyone else has - a Razor-looking scooter that steers like it.

I just thought I'd share her opinion; I'm going to wait until the new one comes out (she said some time in November) to evaluate which one I want to get for DD.

sewarsh
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Supercali- I love your quote!

Chag78
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
DD tried the Maxi out in the store (she is 5.5 y/o) and loved it. But the storekeeper said they are coming out with a new one really soon similar to the Micro/Razor scooters but easy to steer and sturdy like the Mini/Maxi. She recommended to get the new one for DD because she said most kids will use the Maxi to learn to scooter and eventually want one that everyone else has - a Razor-looking scooter that steers like it.

I just thought I'd share her opinion; I'm going to wait until the new one comes out (she said some time in November) to evaluate which one I want to get for DD.

Are they coming out with a new mini as well?

WatchingThemGrow
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM
No idea about the last question (if they are coming out with a new one) but DS1 loooooves his new "cooters" that the ILs gave him for his b'day. He's learning the basics inside the house before heading outside. It's so cute :)

ehmom
11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
i'm pretty sure i found one of the micro scooters at tuesday morning for $19.99 today. i'm going to take it out of the box and see how it compares to the pics on the website. it is the smaller one. it is called a micro kickboard scooter on the box.

sewarsh
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
i'm pretty sure i found one of the micro scooters at tuesday morning for $19.99 today. i'm going to take it out of the box and see how it compares to the pics on the website. it is the smaller one. it is called a micro kickboard scooter on the box.

if so, would you mind sharing the sku # so i can call the 800# to see if there are any at our local store? thanks!

chlobo
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
if so, would you mind sharing the sku # so i can call the 800# to see if there are any at our local store? thanks!

Yeah that. Someone mentioned earlier they thought they saw it too.

ehmom
11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
the number under the barcode is 9279243. it says Micro Mini Kickboard Stunt Scooter on the box, which is red. i hope this helps!
oh, the scooter base is blue. i might try to spray paint it pink for my dd though :)

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 12:08 AM
the number under the barcode is 9279243. it says Micro Mini Kickboard Stunt Scooter on the box, which is red. i hope this helps!
oh, the scooter base is blue. i might try to spray paint it pink for my dd though :)

not near me, but thanks anyways.

ahisma
11-10-2009, 02:38 AM
The stunt scooter is different, it's made by Huffy: http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Mini-Stunt-Scooter/dp/B000UTHOMI

DH and I went through the same thing last year, it's pretty confusing.

chlobo
11-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Does it look like the one in the link?

ehmom
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
omg...yes!! the reviews are so bad. i think it may be going back the tuesday morning.

kristal
11-10-2009, 06:16 PM
We're thinking of getting the mini in aqua color for DS. Has anyone ordered the aqua color? Do you think it would work for a girl as well? We're hoping DD will be able to use it when she's ready (in 2 yrs).

wigfurs
11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Curious what you'd order. I have a tall DD who will be 4 in Dec. (don't have her current height, but everywhere we go people think she is older because of her height.) Would you go with the Mini or Maxi? I'm afraid she'll outgrow the Mini too soon or possible be too small for the Maxi.....

nabigus
11-10-2009, 08:41 PM
If your dc really is tall--and if she's pretty physically adept--I'd say go with the maxi. Ds is 4 and 42" (I think--last time we measured!), and he definitely would be able to use a Maxi now. The micro still works just fine, but I think by the time summer rolls around we'll have to have a bigger option for him.

Andrea S
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Has anyone been able to use the bargainbaby09 code? I tried, but it says invalid code.

Chag78
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I want to order one too. Any other codes?

chlobo
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I just tried this code & it worked:

SIMPLE

Are these sold at any stores that actually offer coupons?

kristal
11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks chlobo! That code worked for 20% off.

happy2bamom
11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Just ordered the micro for my 3 yo and the maxi for my 5 yo. We tried out the micro at a local store and both boys got the hang of it really quickly. Hoping it is a hit b/c it will be their main Christmas present this year.

kellij
11-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Just ordered the micro for my 3 yo and the maxi for my 5 yo. We tried out the micro at a local store and both boys got the hang of it really quickly. Hoping it is a hit b/c it will be their main Christmas present this year.

Which store did you try it out in? I would love to have my son check it out before plunking down that much money for it! Esp. b/c he'd need the bigger one.

jenstring95
11-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Which store did you try it out in? I would love to have my son check it out before plunking down that much money for it! Esp. b/c he'd need the bigger one.

They have the mini at our Learning Express. My local store sends out coupons quite often, and currently there is a 25% off one item. The mini is $80 there, so $20 off makes the price competitive with the discounts from the online retailers. I didn't see the bigger one there, although I wasn't looking for it. I was impressed with low smoothly it glides.

amyd
11-27-2009, 10:21 AM
can you switch from handle bar to joy stick on the maxi? can you buy the joy stick and/or handle bar and switch? also, do they fold or can you unscrew to make it small enough to put into a duffle and check onto a plane?:)

sewarsh
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
just wanted to update that my DD rec'd her mini from her grandparents last night for hanukkah and she really LOVES it. she is really cautious by nature and was shy at first but started moving pretty fast in no time (inside the house). it didn't take her long to go hug Nana and tell her it was "just what i wanted". :hug:

thanks for the recommendation. my MIL thanks you too!

Chag78
01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Any current working codes for this? Thanks...

DrSally
01-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Never heard of this scooter. Looks very cool. DS just got a Radio Flyer 3 wheeled scooter for his bday.

pakin
01-17-2010, 12:23 AM
I got an e-mail from the site http://www.kickboardusa.com/ that they now have Maxi Kick scooters with T-bar steering. You can use code "maxi10" to get 10% off Maxi Kick scooters only. Offer expires Jan 31.

Sorry I don't have any codes for the mini.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005