PDA

View Full Version : Gender neutral $10 adult gift for exchange

niccig
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
The ILs have decided to do an adult exchange, $10 gender neutral gift. I have no ideas other than gift certificate to someplace...any suggestions at all???

Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Do you belong to Costco? They have a gift tin of cookies for that price that is pretty good.

Barnes and Noble has lots of little Think Fun brain teasers that could be enjoyable and they sell for about $7.

Beth

ha98ed14
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
new ear buds or case for an ipod? I don't have an ipod, so that may be more than $10, but it's something that both men and women have.

egoldber
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I like the idea of a game...something like Boggle, Set, etc.

A book of some sort.....a cookbook or a how to, there are often nice books in the clearance section of Borders or B&N

DVD or CD that you like

a puzzle

jse107
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
One month of paid Netflix?

Cheburashka
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Everyone has always loved my cooking, so for gift exchanges, I usually make either candy (like fudge) or cake. It tends to go over better than travel games or puzzle books, unless the recipient is a big puzzle person.

If you want to go the gift card route, I think Barnes and Nobles is a safe option. Or another bookstore. If you know everyone likes coffee, Starbucks might be good too. A doughnut place might be another safe bet, usually someone can find something at a Krispy Kreme/Dunkin Donuts to eat.

lizzywednesday
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
My in-laws did this once and decided to get scratch-off lotto tickets. That may be too much of a "gag" gift, though, so I'd likely go with food instead.

Alternately, there are a lot of nice bottles of wine out there for under $10, assuming there are no restrictions on that type of thing (age, religious, recovery or otherwise) ... my DH and I like Coppola 'Bianco', which is a white-wine blend, usually sold for under $10. We're also fans of Trader Joe's house wine - Charles Shaw - nicknamed "Two Buck Chuck" because it's sold for around $2/bottle ... and it is a VERY drinkable wine for that price!

hollybloom24
10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Gift card for $10 to:

Starbucks (or whatever your local coffee chain is)
Panera Bread
Barnes and Noble
Borders
Target

wellyes
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I like the idea of a game...something like Boggle, Set, etc.

A book of some sort.....a cookbook or a how to, there are often nice books in the clearance section of Borders or B&N

DVD or CD that you like

a puzzle

LOVE these ideas! I once got Boggle in a gift exchange and it made my day. We played at the party.

I once found a globe for $10 at Target and gave that :)

mommylamb
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
lottery scratch cards.