PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite brand of Fleece jackets?

sewarsh
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Need one for Fall...what brand do you love?? Of course, NF 1st comes to mind, but I don't want to pass up another great brand without at least checking it out! Thanks!

citymama
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Patagonia, without a doubt! They last forever, and if they don't, they replace them! Expensive on the front-end, but such great quality, and very lightweight.

lizzywednesday
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I also like Columbia. (Got a really nice hooded one 50% off at Dick's recently that I used for a top layer in 45-50 degree temps with wind ... best $25 I ever spent!)

MontrealMum
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
My #1 favorite is Patagonia. Patagonia products are really well thought out - however, they're geared for short/small women so watch out. #2 would be The North Face, which can also be a little easier to find a deal on. If you're on a budget you can find some quality items at LLB that aren't bad either. And if you live in Canada I would certainly not overlook MEC! DH has a Marmot and a Sierra Designs which are both quality brands, but I don't know how he feels about them compared to all his other, myriad fleeces.

sewarsh
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
i'm small...only 5'0''. i can fit in a NF women's Small or Kids Large (which is what I would buy to save some $$$). Do you think I could get away with ordering a Kids Patagonia?? THANKS!

ThreeofUs
10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Patagonia, without a doubt! They last forever, and if they don't, they replace them! Expensive on the front-end, but such great quality, and very lightweight.

:yeahthat: And they always stay soooo soooffftttt! And I like the synchilla, frankly, because it's recycled PET (5) bottles.

ThreeofUs
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Definitely worth a shot, esp since the kids' jackets go on sale more often than the adults'. Go to a North Face or similar store that carries them, though, and try first.

citymama
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
i'm small...only 5'0''. i can fit in a NF women's Small or Kids Large (which is what I would buy to save some $$$). Do you think I could get away with ordering a Kids Patagonia?? THANKS!

I find Patagonia jackets run quite short and are slim-fit. I'm 5' 6" but very skinny and with a shirt torso and wear size 0-2/XS. The XS hits my belly button but fits me well everywhere else. I would get the women's XS. And I agree with the PP - synchilla is the best!

cono0507
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I've been on the lookout for a new fleece jacket too but my problem is that they all seem to run a bit short. I have an 8 year old NF Denali that is long enough but too big in general. Any suggestions for tall girls? I'm 5'10"

alirebco
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Love Patagonia. I wear a small in the fleece jackets and I'm a size 4, but a 32DDD.

MontrealMum
10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I've been on the lookout for a new fleece jacket too but my problem is that they all seem to run a bit short. I have an 8 year old NF Denali that is long enough but too big in general. Any suggestions for tall girls? I'm 5'10"

I'm on the lower end of tall (5'7" with most of my height in my legs) and I often buy the men's Patagonia. It just fits better. And their quality is great. For shorter/smaller women, I think this has got the be the best fitting brand. It's designed by a Quebecker - and Quebec women are tiny! Louis Garneau is on the narrow/short side too, but I don't know how available that is outside of Canada.

Personally, I find that NF fits me fine, but like I said, I'm on the shorter end of the tall category and have average length arms and torso. For taller women, I find that Craft long johns and bike clothes are the BEST! Very little of their line is available up here, but I'd check them out to see if they have fleece. They're Swedish ;)

cono0507
10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm on the lower end of tall (5'7" with most of my height in my legs) and I often buy the men's Patagonia. It just fits better. And their quality is great. For shorter/smaller women, I think this has got the be the best fitting brand. It's designed by a Quebecker - and Quebec women are tiny! Louis Garneau is on the narrow/short side too, but I don't know how available that is outside of Canada.

Personally, I find that NF fits me fine, but like I said, I'm on the shorter end of the tall category and have average length arms and torso. For taller women, I find that Craft long johns and bike clothes are the BEST! Very little of their line is available up here, but I'd check them out to see if they have fleece. They're Swedish ;)

I have to pick up an order at REI this week so I think I'm going to have to browse the men's side too. I tend to prefer the women's cuts since I have big shoulders and can end up looking boxy in some stuff, but I'll never know if I don't try them on. I've never looked at the Craft stuff before. Will ahve to look for them. Thanks for the ideas!

urquie
10-20-2009, 12:14 AM
i love my rei fleeces... especially the lightweight ones.