PDA

View Full Version : baby checklist for traveling

sonal+ashwin
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
We will be driving with our 10month old daughter for the first time by road...it is an 8hr drive.

first 3 days we will be staying with our friend and for 4 days at a hotel...Since this is my first time traveling with the baby i dont know what to expect and what all to take with us. Its going to be cold weather...so will be taking lots of warm clothes and all the basic things that I think will be needed.

want to know what tips and check list do other moms have to share and also experince..I just dont know what to expect..very excited but little nervous also.

First time mom

3blackcats
10-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Leave early in the morning. That way baby will sleep most of the way. You do not want to get stuck in traffic.

Things I pack:
-pnp or whatever DC is going to sleep in
-white noise machine
-sleep sack
-bath stuff
-clothes/pj's
-blankets
-diapers/wipes
-burb cloths
-toys
-something to sit in, bumbo, portable high chair, etc
-depending on room, something big like jumperoo or playmat

You are staying at someone's house, so you don't need too many clothes. I assume wherever you are staying they will let you do laundry. This will help as you won't have to do it when you get back.

I just think about the routine of the day and write down everything that I do. Then when it is time to pack, I edit.

HTH

TwinFoxes
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Books, especially if it's part of your bedtime routine.

Changing mat of some sort.

A new toy, as well as old favorites to keep DC busy.

Any Rx medicine, plus baby first aid stuff (unless your friend has kids, she won't have infant Tylenol, or a kid friendly thermometer for that matter.)

Hand sanitizer, for you more than baby. While traveling you probably won't want to touch your baby without washing, and sometimes it's not possible.

Have a good first trip! Oh, don't forget a camera!

lil_acorn
10-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't forget a thermometer, acetametophen/ibuprofen. Always bring the lovey too!

ThreeofUs
10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Here's my checklist for a summer trip up north, where you never know if it's going to be warm or cold, in an excel file that we print and physically check off. When we don't, we ALWAYS forget something. Once it was DS1's bag. :shake:

Mama's bag
Daddy's bag
H's bag
G's bag
toiletries bag
first aid kit/meds
linens bag
baby stuff bag

clothing (2 days, 1 night)
3 pr underwear
3 pr socks
2 pr @ pants/shorts
4 tops @ ls & ss
2 sleepies
swim clothes
rain coats
hats
umbrellas
shoes

toiletries
toothbrush, paste
brush, barrettes
body, face washes

first aid
benadryl
motrin, tylenol
cut/scrapes/bites/burns meds
insect repellant (citronella lotion, other)

vitamins/meds
synthroid
I vits
H vits

linens
sleeping bag
pillows
bed rails for G

check "to do/to bring" list
J - glasses, sunglasses, bball hat
cell phones
tool bag
battery
dirty clothes bags
trailer keys
vacuum
wine

baby stuff
diapers
wipes
food - jars and snacks
bib and spoons
meds
toys
quilt with home smell
stroller

baby clothing
onesies, ls and ss
shorts and pants
swim dipes/clothes
sweats
shoes

LMPC
10-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Be prepared if it took you 8hr pre-baby that it may (okay, it's more than likely) going to take more than 8hr this time.

I might take a quilt or something similar to put on the hotel floor so that your DC has a little room to move.

Have fun!!