PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy Pricing on Halloween Costume

mommylamb
10-19-2009, 04:44 PM
So, I sent DH to Old Navy to get a costume for DS. On the website, the tiger costume was on sale from $22.50 to $15. Of course, they don't have it marked down, so he pays full price. Ok, so I assume that they will be marking it down in the store soon. So, I wait a week, and go back with it for a price change, and possibly to switch it for the monkey costume (DS decided he liked that better). On the website it still has the tiger listed as $15, but the monkey is only $9.99. In the store all the costumes are still priced at $22.50. I asked the manager, and she said they just have different prices than the web site. Is that true?? I got annoyed, returned the tiger costume and went home and bought the monkey on line (which meant I payed shipping, but it was still cheaper than buying it in the store). I just hope it gets here by Halloween...

nupe
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Same thing at Banana Republic. Pricing completely different. Usually less expensive in store.

MamaMolly
10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Yup, sad but true. They also have colors of items online only. There was a basic cotton tank dress I loved this year and they only sold it in red, green and black in the store. Oh, and horizontal stripes. Not a good look on me. But tons of colors online. We were in the middle of a move so I didn't order more. So frustrating!!