PDA

View Full Version : OMG...I am selling my crib...what to ask?

SASM
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
OKay...this is a HUGE milestone. We've had our crib for 6.5 years, all 3 DCs used it...ohhh...I am having a rough time. I HAVE TO do it though. I am trying not to put an emotional price on it. What would you ask? I already checked craigslist and none of the cribs on there are comparable quality and asking about $50-ish. We have a Legacy crib (21021) that has been affected by the recall, however, it has been fixed. It is in excellent used condition, cherry-stained maple wood in a sleigh design with 1 drop side and a drawer underneath...very classic and neutral. Would $100 be reasonable?? We are not including the mattress. Any thoughts??

TIA!

elephantmeg
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I doubt you'll get anyone who will pay $100 for a 6.5 year old crib. I'd do $75 OBO personally.

kijip
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I say list it $100 OBO just to see if it sells at $100 and then bring the price down if it does not or be open to offers.

ohiomom1121
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I sold an old crib that was used by 3 kids on craigslist for $70. It wasn't nearly as nice as what you described. I got tons of interest on it...and everyone wanted to negotiate (which I expect with craigslist). I think I listed at $85 and went down to $70.

gatorsmom
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
No advice just wanted to say, WOW, already? It seems like you were just pregnant with me yesterday!

Good luck with the sale!

SASM
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
No advice just wanted to say, WOW, already? It seems like you were just pregnant with me yesterday!

Good luck with the sale!

Hi Lisa!

HA!! I KNOW!!! I am so sad...I am sooo NOT ready to sell it but we are soooo certain that our family is complete. It's just...wow... :( Thanks...I hope that it goes to a good home and get lots of loving. :)

Reyadawnbringer
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Hmm, I am in the market for a sturdier crib and never thought to look on CL...

I wish you lived in my area because I would be interested.

Snow mom
10-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, I paid more than $100 for my crib on craigslist. I knew what I was looking for, knew it had been discontinued, and knew what it cost new. If you have time I'd start higher and repost every few weeks with a slightly lower price. I don't know anything about this particular crib but I do know that a nice solid wood crib is worth more than a cheap, trashed crib. Make sure to get good pics before you take it apart (and no ugly bedding in the pics!)

Momof3Labs
10-20-2009, 05:57 PM
We paid about $100 for a crib on craigslist recently (needed a second crib for the twins). It is a high-end brand, and the seller had it put together so that we could evaluate how sturdy it was and make sure that all the hardware was there. I stayed away from brands that had any recent recalls, or a crib that was disassembled.

I'm not familiar with Legacy. How much was the crib originally, and how much do Legacy cribs cost these days? If well over $500-600, I think that you might be able to get close to $100 for it. If $300, I'd guess closer to $50 tops.

arivecchi
10-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Is this similar? If so, I would say $50-$75.
http://www.albeebaby.com/lecr21widrct.html

jenmcadams
10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I sold a set -- a crib, dresser (w/ changing table top) and toy chest for $375 on craigslist...it was Forever Mine brand (so OK, but not high end) and I probably could have gotten over $400 for it based on how many responses and how quickly they came in. There were a lot of cheaper cribs/baby furniture items on CL, but people were obviously happy to see something of slightly better quality too. I recommend taking lots of photos.