PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkins and toddlers

DietCokeLover
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
I need some ideas for letting an almost 2 yo and an almost 3 yo decorate pumpkins. I am craft-challenged so I need some help.

What do your toddlers enjoy doing with pumpkins?

lil_acorn
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
We just did pumpkin decorating this weekend - The 3 year old could probably paint the pumpkin, use glue + glitter. the 2 year old could apply stickers galore to the pumpkin. He could also paint / glue with some assistance.

MmeSunny
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
We got one of those Mr. Potato Head kits for pumpkins from Target. (DD is 2.) We opened it up to realize the parts are exactly the same type as regular Mr. Potato head parts (well, except we got the princess version).

If you have a MPH set, just punch some holes in the pumpkin and let the kids push in the parts and rearrange ad nauseum as toddlers are wont to do! Easy, not too crafty, no pointy objects for the LOs!

Seitvonzu
10-19-2009, 10:43 PM
my mom got sent lucy the mr. potato head witch stuff and we're going to let her do that to one of the sugar pumpkins we recieved from our farm share...she's been trying to do it for over a week now :) since we got the pumpkins! :)

deannanb
10-19-2009, 11:36 PM
paint or sharpie markers (supervised!)

you can also have them help you scoop out the inside of a pumpkin - and eat roasted seeds