PDA

View Full Version : Need URGENT Ebay advice!

Globetrotter
10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I listed something with a Buy it now and bidding. Someone already started bidding, but then someone else did the BIN option just now. I always thought that BIN was invalid once bidding started, but it went through via ebay and shows up at sold at the BIN price. Is this okay? I'm happy if it works out!

ETA: Urgent because it closes in about 40 minutes!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
i haven't sold on ebay in about a year or two, but IIRC, BIN is still valid after bidding starts, as long as the reserve price hasn't been met. Only if the reserve is met (or there was no reserve to begin with) then does the BIN option go away after someone places a bid. For example if your reserve is $50, your BIN is $80 and you set the bidding to start at $5, the bidding can go all the way up to $49(or whatever) and someone can still do BIN. Only once it hits $50 (the reserve) will the BIN option go away.

Anyway, glad you got a BIN , it's always great when you are trying to sell something and someone BIN's it! congrats!

Globetrotter
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM
:cheerleader1:thank you!!!

KrisM
10-19-2009, 11:56 PM
The BIN stays until 50% of its value in certain categories, including clothing. So, if you start bidding at $.99 and have a $20 BIN, the BIN won't go until the showing bid is at least $10.

In most categories, the BIN will go away with the first bid.

In any case, if someone bought it with BIN, you are good.

Globetrotter
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Ok, I'm glad it stayed low until the end, in this case! Thanks for the clarification.