PDA

View Full Version : Playmobil for younger toddler...

MontrealMum
10-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I am interested in buying a few (maybe 2) of the regular Playmobil sets for DS for Christmas. He will be 28 months by then. I am completely overwhelmed by what's available online (where I will order it). I don't have time to visit the several boutique toy stores that each carry part of the collection in town here.

Can anyone point me towards some of the sets that don't have too too many tiny pieces? DS does not regularly mouth/chew things anymore, but he's good at losing things (or hiding them!) and is hard on his toys still. So the fewer tiny parts the better. I read on the other Playmobil thread that one set has dishes and silverware? That is NOT what we're looking for at this point...sounds way too small and easy to lose for us. He's partial to boats, other vehicles, and animals - that narrows it down, doesn't it? LOL. As an example, my dad bought him this and glued all the parts down: harbor police (http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-4471-Harbor-Police/dp/B0007VDO8W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1256014727&sr=1-2) and it's one of his favorite toys (did not install the motor!), but we're now missing the port light and he's broken the fly bridgey part.

Any tips are appreciated :)

hbridge
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't venture into Playmobil just yet. Give it a few more years. The playmobile pieces are TINY (like 1/4" spheres or smaller in some cases; think flower petals, walkie talkies, shells, ect) and require fine motor skills that most children that young just don't have.

We started with Little People and ventured into playmobile at over 3 years. Now, they've taken over...

Playmobil is SO cool, but you have time. If you want to get a few pieces now, check out Playmobil 123...

elliput
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Playmobil 1.2.3 (http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Search-Show?cgid=1.2.3&psortb1=New&psortd1=2&psortb2=id&psortd2=1&start=0&sz=12) is the best place to start at your DS's age.

MeISOE
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
My DS loves his Dump Truck and "Guy". "Guy" drives everywhere and goes everywhere with him. The adventures he has. DS is 22 months now but has had this toy for about 10 months. If anyone knows where to get this line of Playmobile on sale, let me know because I would love to add to it for Christmas too.