PDA

View Full Version : Plum Organics recalls apple and carrot pouches

catroddick
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Baby food recalled, may be tainted with botulism

Published: Monday, Oct. 19, 2009 - 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON -- Plum Organics of Emeryville, Calif., is recalling some of its apple and carrot portable pouch baby food because of concerns over possible botulism contamination.

The product was sold individually throughout the country at Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us stores. The recalled product is sold in 4.22-ounce pouches, with a "best by" date of May 21, 2010, and UPC 890180001221.

"The product did not meet the FDA guidelines for proper acidity level," Paul Gerhardt, a member of the Plum Organics action team, said in a statement.

The company is concerned that the baby food may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, which can cause botulism, a serious and sometimes life-threatening condition. Consumers should not use these products, even if they appear to be normal, because of the possible health risk.

No illnesses have been reported in connection with the baby food, and no other Plum Organics products are affected, the company said in a statement.

More information is available by calling 888-974-3555 or by e-mailing info(at)plumorganics.com

http://www.plumorganics.com/pdfs/AppleCarrotBabyPouch.pdf

Clarity
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Thank you for posting this, I may not have noticed the recall otherwise. I'll have to check when I get home.

mamadootz
11-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you so much for posting this info. I've been giving this to my son for months now. So glad I joined this site!