PDA

View Full Version : Another birthday party gift question....re: twins

sdrew99
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Okay, so my daughter is in 1st grade and was invited to a birthday party for boy/girl twins on Saturday. The girl is in my daughter's class and she knows her....my daughter does not know the boy twin (he's in another class).

Do I bring a gift for both? Or just the girl that my daughter knows?

traciann
10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I would only bring a gift for the twin your dd knows. My friend has b/g twins and I know this would be her response.

tiapam
10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
How was the invite worded? If you were invited to B's and G's party, then I think you should get a present for both. My concern is that there may be some imbalance if some guests from just one set bring a present for both. I think I would do one or two movie tix for each, with a box of candy and a microwave popcorn. They each get something for an activity they could do together or apart.

If you know the mom well enough, you could ask her what her son likes and see if she says anything about the need to bring a gift. I am a twin (g/g) and don't remember too much angst about gifts, but things may have changed, and it may be different for b/g.

lorinick
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I've been invited to parties like this before. I only bring for the one we know. I do have friends with twin's the party is togehter they one get a present from the children they invited. Of course when I'm invited to my friends or family with twin parties I give to both. Since I know both. My son has also been invited to parties for two sibling who's parties are together and we only give to the child he knows.

ilfaith
10-20-2009, 06:03 PM
When we've been invited to parties like this we usually get a gift for the birthday child we know, and then something small (like in the $2-4 range...Hot Wheels cars, coloring books, etc) for the child we don't know.

jenmcadams
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I always get a similar (value wise) present for both

khm
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd only do the girl, with maybe a token gift for the boy.

My daughter was recently invited to a party for 1 triplet. I was so confused! Were they having three separate parties?! I was stressed for them!

Turns out it's one party they "divided" the guests up among the triplets. She emphasized that she did not want the guests to bring 3 gifts. And, she emphasized that they did not want to find room for that many gifts!