PDA

View Full Version : Big busted nursing bras?

ExcitedMamma
10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm normally big busted (DDD) so its always been impossible for me to find bras and I'm concerned about finding good fitting nursing bras. I need new bras again so I thought now would be the time to get some nursing bras and save money over just buying bigger regular bras and then getting the nursing ones in a little while. I ordered bras from Bravado who I thought was pretty highly recommended but I'm completely falling out of them. Any advice on brands and/or stores? Thank you!

Kymberley
10-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm waiting for responses with you. I have one from Motherhood Maternity that I HATE, but at least it fits while lifting and seperating. I think it's an F cup.

BeachBum
10-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I ordered from Breakoutbras.com.
Brands run differently etc etc, so you really need a store with good service to help you find the right fit. FanciFree is a brand that makes large sizes. I've also been very happy with my Anita (brand) bras, but I think their largest cup is an H (which is really more like a DDD).

secchick
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I am a 32/34 F when nursing and I order from Breakoutbras (after being fitted at the local specialty nursing store). For me it is particulary hard to find small band/large cup, but Fancee Free and Goddess have worked really well for me.

maylips
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Breakout bras has a good fitting-yourself explanation on their website so you can see what size you really are. Then I would give them a call - they were very helpful when I called to talk about supportive 34H bras. FWIW, I love my Anitas.

lizzywednesday
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I have a question - I intend on breastfeeding when Baby comes. Am I doing myself a disservice by wearing underwires until after delivery?

michellerw
11-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh god, I hope not because I'm in trouble too.

TwoBees
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I had to go through the breastfeeding store at my hospital. I have 1 bravado bra and 2 Freya bras, in F and G cups. All three are nice but none really lift and separate.

Andi98989
11-06-2009, 03:23 AM
I got a Medela bra from our local breastfeeding specialty store; it's a 38G and fits really well. It is an underwire, so that does help with the lifting and separating. I also have a 40F Bravado one that does not have underwire and while it is comfy, it does not do much for the look of the girls. :)

maybeebaby08
11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I have a question - I intend on breastfeeding when Baby comes. Am I doing myself a disservice by wearing underwires until after delivery?

I wore underwires up until the last few weeks when it was too uncomfortable, and I had no problems breastfeeding.

maybeebaby08
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I had to go through the breastfeeding store at my hospital. I have 1 bravado bra and 2 Freya bras, in F and G cups. All three are nice but none really lift and separate.

I never found a good one either, why can't someone come up with an attractive supportive nursing bras for big chests?

wendibird22
11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I order from http://www.birthandbaby.com. You can search on size and support. I had a lot of luck with the Anita brand. I'm a very small band but a large cup when nursing. I really like their fit calculator and their descriptions of how a bra fits and whether you need to go up a cup size. Also $1 S&H and easy returns.

Reyadawnbringer
11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I never found a good one either, why can't someone come up with an attractive supportive nursing bras for big chests?

I bought a really nice one in a HUGE size tha lifts and seperates (and supports well) at a local shop in Austin called Petticoat Fair. I don't know if they have locations elsewhere, but they are awesome for ALL undergarment needs and they were THE only place that could accomodate the huge load I had during nursing. Try looking for a local specialty shop like that. I thought this place would be super expensive and they totally were not. They were about the same as what I would have paid at a department store. Plus, they do a fitting for you, you wait in the dressing room, and then they bring a bunch of bras in your size and styke that you are looking for. I LOVE this place.

lizzywednesday
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
I bought a really nice one in a HUGE size tha lifts and seperates (and supports well) at a local shop in Austin called Petticoat Fair. I don't know if they have locations elsewhere, but they are awesome for ALL undergarment needs and they were THE only place that could accomodate the huge load I had during nursing. Try looking for a local specialty shop like that. I thought this place would be super expensive and they totally were not. They were about the same as what I would have paid at a department store. Plus, they do a fitting for you, you wait in the dressing room, and then they bring a bunch of bras in your size and styke that you are looking for. I LOVE this place.

Is that the shop that caters to boob jobs or am I thinking of another place in another TX city?

(If it is, I'm sure that I read about it in the NY Times Fashion & Style section years ago.)

I <3 local "corset shops" ... I may end up heading to one an hour away because their sales staff is so knowledgeable and personable! (I bought the bras I wore for my rehearsal dinner & wedding at this shop ... and totally would have spent more $$ there if I'd let myself!!)

doberbrat
11-07-2009, 07:53 AM

I've seen them online. I remember last year or maybe the year before someone somewhere had a link to what I thought was a new store. They were expensive but nice. I figured I was at the end of my nursing career and didnt bother to bookmark (hahaha dd nursed till 3.5y and now I'm starting over)

I rememeber the layout of the mainpage- it had a voluptious blond lounging on the home page.....

could kick myself now of course!

after a search, I found the website I was thinking of http://www.hotmilklingerie.co.nz/

the dont carry the biggest of sizes but its not too bad. looks like figleaves.com carries them online in the usa. (dont know anything about that vendor - it was based on a search).