PDA

View Full Version : Should we nail or glue our train track to train table? or nothing?

sewarsh
10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
DS is driving me crazy!! Was really trying to not attach track in case we wanted to use the table for something else in the late future (arts crafts table, etc). But i cannot put this back together 5 times a day!!

What do you guys recommend? DS only 13 1/2 months...when will he learn to not take it apart?? Like 2! Thats 10 LONG months away!

THANKS!

KrisM
10-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Do you have SureTrack? It's time consuming, a little pricey, and isn't perfect, but it works very well.

http://www.trainsgalore.com/SureTrack-Clips-P278.aspx

ray7694
10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
My FIL nailed our train set to a sturdy piece of plywood.(about an inch thick) It has worked great. I can slide it under the train table so we can use the table for other purposes which we do quite a bit.

AngelaS
10-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Nooooo!!! It totally defeats the purpose of being able to build the track in gobs of configurations!

If he's tearing it apart--he's too young. Put it in a box for at least a year, if not two and find him something else to play with. :)

ett
10-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Nooooo!!! It totally defeats the purpose of being able to build the track in gobs of configurations!

If he's tearing it apart--he's too young. Put it in a box for at least a year, if not two and find him something else to play with. :)

:yeahthat: Will he just play with the trains without the tracks? When DS2 was younger, he was just as happy moving the trains on the floor. Or take him to a toy store where there is a train table set up. :)

sewarsh
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM

I can't get rid of it...its my DD who loves it dearly. he just crawls right over there, pulls himself up and tears it all down...sigh!!

Was at a toy store today and theirs was nailed in and he stood there pushing hte trains on the track and loving it...it was magical!! :)

Globetrotter
10-21-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree with PP. For us, the whole purpose of train tracks was to build different configurations :) At that age it can be frustrating if they knock things down, so in that case maybe just leave out the trains. If DD wants to play with them, she can design the tracks any way she wants. We never left ours out - they went back in their box after use.

kijip
10-21-2009, 03:01 AM

If he's tearing it apart--he's too young.

ITA! Just give him a circle or a few track pieces and trains if he loves trains and don't mess with a big track set-up. 2 seems to be more of a train track age IMO.

kijip
10-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Was at a toy store today and theirs was nailed in and he stood there pushing hte trains on the track and loving it...it was magical!! :)

In this case, I recommend those track clips.