PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you moms own Hanna for YOURSELF?

alien_host
10-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I just got the new Hanna catalog (which DD quickly took away - lol) and was eyeing a few dresses in there for myself...I'm not into necesarily matching with DD but thought a complementing dress might be nice for the holidays. Especially since we have an event or two to go to.

How is the sizing..true to size? Since I'll probably have to order online right or have the store order it for me?

kijip
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Not recent purchases, but I have had some capris, a dress, a jacket and a sweater from them. I would say mostly true to size, maybe run big. The more fitted the item the more true to size, things that are loose are big.

I also, as embarrassing as this is to say, own some LJs/PJs from Hanna, as does my husband. Yes, we look like mega-dorks but they are so darn comfy!!!! Those definitely run big. They say women should order down a size, I had to order down 2 sizes on shirts.

bubbaray
10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I own quite a few Hannas for myself. I find they run a bit big.

WatchingThemGrow
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I think pretty true, maybe a touch generous, but not generous like LE. I love my Stockholm A-line skirt. Might save up for some LJs for myself or ask for some for Christmas :)

Katie, what color are yours and DH's?

citymama
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a couple pairs of the Hanna LJs too. While we are in love with the LJs for DD (and she is too), I'm not crazy about mine - dorky look aside, I find the whole tight at the cuff thing a bit claustrophobic. They are super toasty though. The summer cropped PJs without cuffs looked great.

I just bought a pair of Hanna Danish tights, but generally, I don't think women's Hannas work for me. I've had to return other women's purchases in the past because they fit me so strangely - very boxy and unflattering, but then short in the sleeves. I think it is not the best brand for petite/small framed women.

elektra
10-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I also, as embarrassing as this is to say, own some LJs/PJs from Hanna, as does my husband. Yes, we look like mega-dorks but they are so darn comfy!!!! Those definitely run big. They say women should order down a size, I had to order down 2 sizes on shirts.

same here :p, minus the DH part. DH bought them for me as sort of a joke at DD's first Christmas. They are super comfy but they are cut for men, not women. It had a big crotch basically, so just FYI on that.

kijip
10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I have a couple pairs of the Hanna LJs too. While we are in love with the LJs for DD (and she is too), I'm not crazy about mine - dorky look aside, I find the whole tight at the cuff thing a bit claustrophobic. They are super toasty though. The summer cropped PJs without cuffs looked great.

I love the cuffs- keeps us warm!

kijip
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Katie, what color are yours and DH's?

My husband has LJs:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/FlatFull/30070_Z82.jpg

and the short johns in this color:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/FlatFull/30070_Z79.jpg

I have long johns only:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/FlatFull/30070_Z83.jpg

and an old navy/red one.

Where is my passport to nerd-dom?

elektra
10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I have long johns only:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/FlatFull/30070_Z83.jpg

Where is my passport to nerd-dom?

I have these exact ones. Nerd-dom is comfy.

WatchingThemGrow
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm jealous. I want be there in nerd-dom too. Walmart Snoopy Snow Day PJ's (I'm from FL, thought they were cute) are getting pretty nasty.

veronica
10-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I started with the summer crop johns and fell in love with them. I bought some cropped sweats and survivor hoodies and really like those as well. I have the beach pants and had to size waaaay down. I got those at the end of summer so they haven't been worn much. I did buy a couple of summer dresses for $10 but they still have tags on them since it was EOS. they fit but I'm not too sure I like the prints on them (I got carried away since they were cheap).

I really love the survivor hoodie-the fabric is top notch!

citymama
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I really love the survivor hoodie-the fabric is top notch!

Did you have to size way down on them?

Momof3Labs
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I've found that their stuff runs big and long. I'm 5'4" and can usually wear shirts and sweaters from the regular dept (pants and skirts must be petite) but not from Hanna. Except their power of a great tees - those run boxy so I size down, but they are not long, even on me.

KpbS
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I also, as embarrassing as this is to say, own some LJs/PJs from Hanna, as does my husband. Yes, we look like mega-dorks but they are so darn comfy!!!!

What's embarrassing about this? I'm jealous! I'd love to have some HA pjs. They look unbelievably comfortable. I just can't get past the price tag.

maestramommy
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I have a knee length black skirt, 2 velour blouses and 3 long sleeve T's I bought 2 winters ago. I really like them. I find the sleeves to be a little on the long side. Otherwise they are true to size for me.

stefani
10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a mock turtleneck, size 160 since I am not even 160 cm tall :-)

jacksmomtobe
10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I have a few dresses and find that they run very large. I got smalls and typically due to my long arms I am more of a medium to large in other brands. I have two matching dresses the black milano and one of the summer bandana dresses from a few years ago. I find I wear them each about 1 or 2 times a year. I guess I'm not that into dd & I matching though everyone thought the milano dresses were cute last year around Christmas. I think the style is more boxy than I would typically choose. I have a pair of the cropped sweats and honestly they look terrible on me. They are comfy but seem to emphasize my midsection so I've only worn those once even around the house. I also have the beach pants and forgot to wear those at all this summer. Also have a pair of the ljs. The kids loved it when we matched (they since outgrown their matching ones) and wanted me to wear mine. They were warm and comfy but definitely a tighter style so I felt a bit strange in them as an adult.

tarahsolazy
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I have two Stockholm A-line skirts and a few pair of ribbed tights. I LOVE the skirts. Summer with short sleeves and sandals, winter with tights and boots. comfy and very flattering.

kijip
10-20-2009, 11:58 PM
What's embarrassing about this? I'm jealous! I'd love to have some HA pjs. They look unbelievably comfortable. I just can't get past the price tag.

Because believe me, we look ridiculous. :hysterical:

citymama
10-21-2009, 02:21 AM

It's true (for me, not you Katie!). It's one thing to have a 3 foot tall person in head to toe stripes and quite another to have a 5'6" woman or 6' tall man in head to toe stripes. Truly dorky. And I even have one set that's a solid lilac - still quite Seussian.

kijip
10-21-2009, 02:28 AM
It's true (for me, not you Katie!). It's one thing to have a 3 foot tall person in head to toe stripes and quite another to have a 5'6" woman or 6' tall man in head to toe stripes. Truly dorky. And I even have one set that's a solid lilac - still quite Seussian.

I am over 5'9" of ridiculous. Seussian is the PERFECT word to sum it up. We could be friends with the Cat in the Hat for sure. I actually liked the color my husband had but just could not do the matching thing. Now that would be crossing my personal line in the sand. My husband loves wearing them even more than I do and in fact was the instigator of purchasing them. :tongue5:

citymama
10-21-2009, 02:31 AM
I am over 5'9" of ridiculous. Seussian is the PERFECT word to sum it up. We could be friends with the Cat in the Hat for sure. I actually liked the color my husband had but just could not do the matching thing. Now that would be crossing my personal line in the sand. My husband loves wearing them even more than me and in fact was the instigator of purchasing them. :tongue5:

Hah! My DD would go gaga if DH or I got those Rio Red and Orange stripe LJs you have - those are her most beloved LJs, which she has worn for nearly 2 years now.

Globetrotter
10-21-2009, 02:40 AM
I am petite in height (not width, sad to say) and I have a few petites from the Stockholm collection (I think) but mostly regular. I recently learned that I can wear size 160 if it's oversized :boogie:. Of course, an opposite striped playdress set would look a little silly on someone my age :wink2: but I do have a survivor jacket in 160 and it fits beautifully!

I like their fleece vnecks and have some of those, and I use thick black tights in the winter. I find a lot of their clothes are very boxy, except for the PJs. I can imagine how comfy those LJs are, but I don't need to be wearing skin tight PJs - scary :tongue5:

infomama
10-21-2009, 07:42 AM
I have one Hanna sweater and it runs big for sure.

egoldber
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
I have several of the t-shirts. They run a touch wide for my general taste, but the fabric is lovely.

I also have a survivor jacket in a 160 and it fits me very well. :)

I am 5'1", but not thin.

jess_g
10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I have several things from Hanna in my size and I also think they run big. My favorite shirt for instance is an xs and I am not typicaly an xs for sure. Some of their womens things are realy nice and warm and I love their holiday sweaterrs. You can get some good deals on them at the outlets (at least you could last year I have not been there in a while). I also must confess that I sometimes wear the long johns under my jeans to keep warm when its 0 degrees out and its pick up time but I don't have any matching sets and I never get my dh in a pair.

Jessica.

SammyeGail
10-21-2009, 12:45 PM

Yeah! I have several LJ's, I don't even want to know what I look like in my mix it up orange and blue ones, but they were cheap at an outlet :D.

FYI, I did order a pair specifically for women, they were a bit smaller than the regular LJ's, and cut more for women, yet I have 2 floral prints that are the usual baggie fit....

I have caught DH in my striped LJ bottoms, not the floral ones.

I have 3 sweaters, one cream colored top with satin trim at the collar I just love, I bought some boxy tees a few summers ago I now extremely dislike. I did get a very pretty summer dress for $20, it was a bit too big, I took off the tags and washed it anyway, but I've never worn it. Duh...how often do I wear a dress, lol?

I like the slight boxy fit of the tops, it helps hid my twin pregnancy tummy :).

Sam

veronica
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Did you have to size way down on them?

I'd say not too big. TTS . I don't like my hoodies tight so I went with M. I am short so the sleeves and body are a bit long but I don't look strange going out or sloppy, just not "hottie mom-tight hoodie cute", iykwim ;)

jennilynn
10-21-2009, 01:37 PM
I have several of the t-shirts. They run a touch wide for my general taste, but the fabric is lovely.

:yeahthat:
I have a skirt and several of the Pima cotton tops from this season and they definitely run big. They're size xs and still roomy (I'm 5'5" and about 105 lbs.) My first Hanna purchase for me was a survivor jacket, but I ordered a medium and it's way too big. I think I could still wear it if I was 8-9 mo. preggo. I'm hoping to score a smaller one during the next big sale.

AnnieW625
10-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I have a dress and two skirts from them. They match nothing my daughter has:) . The dress is black short sleeves (from the Spring 08 line) with med. size aqua green flowers on it. I love the dress. One skirt is simple and black. The other one is white with red and brown flowers (also from the Spring 08 line). Over all I am very happy with the quality of the clothes and will buy them again. I found that the red/brown skirt ran a little small so I had to get a large vs. a medium that I usually wear.

I also have a pair of their basic black flats and had to order a 41 instead of a 40 for them. I really like them.

alien_host
10-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Yikes, I never posted back. I'm 5"1" so I'm guessing that Hanna wouldn't work that well on me. I do want to order a playdress for DD so maybe I'll toss in something for me to see if it works.

IIRC, I can return mail order items to a store right? Even adult sizes (if they don't carry them)?

jvs195
10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I bought LJs for DH and myself (not matching his are Grey with the striped cuffs - they only make powder blue in those now, and mine are thin stripes of lavender, green, white and yellow) As comfy as they are I feel really dorky and unsexy in them and DH has never worn his. THey are both going on ebay this week.

I've had a few things for me awhile ago and found them too boxy, but they look like they are making some more fitted styles now. Everyone raved about the cropped sweats so I ordered and HATE them on me.

ourbabygirl
10-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Just wondering if any adults in Europe (is Hanna supposed to be Swedish?) would actually wear the LJs or if it's just a funny joke on the silly Americans :tongue5:! I wouldn't buy any for myself because of the fit, pattern, and unsexiness factor previously mentioned (I'm unsexy enough after having DD!), but I do love them on my little toddler- so cute! I was seriously considering getting matching sweaters (the pink snowflake ones) or dresses for Christmas for myself and DD (and maybe the blue sweater for DH), but the price, even w/20% off, turned me away. Maybe I'll see if any of them go on a major sale after the season and buy for next year?

veronica
10-31-2009, 07:44 AM
I just got two long john tops for $15 for myself. One is pink floral and the other is holiday print.

I'm not getting the "sexy" part of the replies. Here is my take:

If you want sexy sleepwear-you likely will not be sleeping. ;)
If you want to actually sleep-go for the hannas!!!!!!!

kijip
10-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm not getting the "sexy" part of the replies.
:yeahthat:

"PJs" for me means the soft, warm stuff I wear around the house after dinner and be warm in the mornings while we get breakfast on etc. We don't crank the heat or even use it till some time in November, so one might say pjs save us money.

Do pjs inspire romance? No. Do I need them to inspire romance? No. The PJs can come off easily enough after the kids are soundly in bed.