PDA

View Full Version : What to get a 2yo who loves all things art....

gatorsmom
10-21-2009, 01:24 AM
in a house full of boys that will use art products on walls, furniture, etc.? Sisi loves to color on paper, she can hold a pen correctly and loves to draw with any kind of marker, crayon, pen or pencil. She will spend hours in her high chair coloring picture after picture. I'd like to encourage more since she seems interested in painting but Greenbean loves to walk over, take crayons off her highchair tray and attack the walls! He's sneaky too and very quick about it. Any ideas how I can continue to encourage her fascination with drawing under these circumstances?

ohiomom1121
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Have you tried colorwonder? They have markers, fingerpaints and squeeze paints that don't make a mess. Has she tried foam stickers? My DD started using them around 2 and loved them. She'd make picture after picture with them. Other than that, lots of washables!!! Good luck. :)

lizzywednesday
10-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I have a pack of ColorWonder markers and a pad of paper that I bought to keep my nieces and nephew (who were 2, 4 and 6) occupied while waiting for my DH to get home for his surprise birthday party last year.

I love-love-love them!

Since they only mark on the special paper, they were a LIFESAVER for our walls, furniture, rug and floors ... the nephew (who's as cute as a bug, but you turn your back and BAM! he does *something* ... just like my brother Joe) could run off with a marker but it wouldn't do any harm to our home if he started to color on our walls.

This is a really good thing, seeing as how I can't remember where I put my Magic Erasers.