PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best Photobooks?

infomama
10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I have made Shutterfly and Snapfish books with pleasing results. I found the quality of the Snapfish book (binding as well as photo quality) was a little better than the Shutterfly book in recent years. I have been read good things about Blurb photo books (http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001520.php) as well and if I can get past the idea of uploading to yet another photo site I may use them them for our wedding photos.
What's your pleasure and why...

lizzywednesday
10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
My friend Danielle likes MyPublisher for hers.

3 years ago, Slate.com rated the various services out there and decided that Shutterfly was the best then.

For the article & methodology, the link's here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2143039/

jenmcadams
10-21-2009, 08:01 AM
This will be the 5th year we've used MyPublisher for our annual photobooks....we really like them and love the quality.

infomama
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Ran into my first snag with MyPublisher...it can not (automatically) organize my photos by date.

KHF
10-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I use MyPublisher also. I've found that you can do some "pre-organization" of your photos. Order them before you upload them, and they'll be in dated order. I tend to name mine with the date first, so it's not a huge issue. Though, I don't typically organize the photo books by date, so it hasn't mattered to me.

Neatfreak
10-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Also, MyPublisher. I'm on my fourth year of using them. Do other companies upload by date? I never thought twice about doing it manually ...

infomama
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I make photo books every year for my Dd's so I like to order chronologically for them. Shutterfly (and Snapfish I believe) have a tool where you can rearrange (automatically) by date taken or day uploaded. Very nice feature. I'll just have to start over with MyPublisher..ugh.

jenmcadams
10-21-2009, 10:49 AM
I make photo books every year for my Dd's so I like to order chronologically for them. Shutterfly (and Snapfish I believe) have a tool where you can rearrange (automatically) by date taken or day uploaded. Very nice feature. I'll just have to start over with MyPublisher..ugh.

I do chronological books too, but I tend to just upload a month of two of photos (that I've edited and tagged in Picasa at a time). I do those pages, then move on.

Just an FYI, there are normally a ton of coupon codes floating around for MyPublisher.

Jen

kozachka
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I've never ordered photobooks from anybody else but MyPublisher and I was very pleased with quality of the books. It took me forever to put the photobook together though. I blame it my perfectionism :loveeyes:.

Neatfreak
10-22-2009, 03:22 AM
I do chronological books too, but I tend to just upload a month of two of photos (that I've edited and tagged in Picasa at a time). I do those pages, then move on.

How cool - that is my method as well. Though I am a few months behind.

crl
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I've only used Shutterfly and Snapfish and voted for Snapfish. But I didn't really vote because I think the quality of the end product is better. I voted for Snapfish because I have had a really hard time with Shutterfly not loading books properly after I make several pages. This has happened to me mulitiple times and it makes it impossible to complete the book after I've invested a lot of time uploading photos and putting together several pages. I finally switched to Snapfish mid-project last time in frustration and it worked perfectly.

Catherine