PDA

View Full Version : Lego "Design By Me" ~ this is really cool!!!

billysmommy
10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I was in the Lego store this morning and the woman there was telling me about the new "Design By Me".
You can think up what you want to build, create it on-line and they make it, package it and send it to you. You even get to create the box for it. They had some in the store that they had created. It looks really cool!!!

http://designbyme.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx

Jen841
10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
My son wants a football stadium, this could be our answer!

kristenk
10-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Lori, thank you so much for posting about this! Oddly enough, you might have just helped me figure out DH's Christmas present! (Yes, I really did mean to type DH!)

billysmommy
10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Lori, thank you so much for posting about this! Oddly enough, you might have just helped me figure out DH's Christmas present! (Yes, I really did mean to type DH!)

lol My first thought when she was telling me about it was DH and my brother :) The boys are going to design something for DH with it and I'm going to do something for my brother. She also mentioned that you could personalize it for a birthday but I haven't downloaded the design-ware to see what options there are

I think I'm going to have lots of fun with this :)

MMMommy
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know the price range on these? I know the price must vary due to the "custom" aspect, but is it really, really expensive?

Corie
10-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Maybe a Dallas Cowboys football helmet for my DH??? :)

redshoetraveler
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
My son has tried working with the software on their site to do this, but it has been fairly complicated, so we've never finished the process. (Unless this is something brand new...the custom design software we've used has been around at least a year +.)

billysmommy
10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
My son has tried working with the software on their site to do this, but it has been fairly complicated, so we've never finished the process. (Unless this is something brand new...the custom design software we've used has been around at least a year +.)

The saleslady at the store said that it was new as of October 1st. That they had "re-vamped" what they already had.

If you google there is a whole forum on lego boards dedicated to this and they have lots of cool tips on using it ~ like how to rotate each block so you can see tops/bottoms/sides