PDA

View Full Version : Quick help-was it just a virus or should I still go to dr?

SammyeGail
10-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I have been terribly sick since Sun. night, both my boys have/had it. N had it before me, I got it from him and so did J.

Its like a horrible cold, all my energy was drained, could hardly walk, etc. N had it Fri/over the weekend, DH insisted he go to dr Tue, yet Monday he seemed better and Mon night he wasn't cranky at all. He got anitbiotics. DH called dr back that afternoon and got antibiotics for J.

We live in a small town and sometimes take the boys to our regular dr for basic things, we know which antibiotics they can take (what they'll take, lol). Its much easier than the 45+ min drive to the pedi, the hour+ wait to see him, etc, etc.

I had an appt at yesterday afternoon which I cancelled because I was to weak to drive. Had another this AM at 9 but rescheduled for 2:30 because I was seriously not going to wake up, lol.

The boys went to school today and I slept a good 11 hours. I feel almost completely normal now, very faint muscle weakness, I never had any discolored mucus, etc.

Whenever I have a sinus infection I *know*, I have constant sinus pressure in my face, I had it on and off, but now its all gone. I was concerned I had one but now I'm not.

My regular dr is on vacation so just the nurse pract. is there, I've never seen her, she's new.

I feel 1000% better, so to me if I had an infection I wouldn't, kwim? I just don't want to go and spend over an hour there, etc, if it was just a virus.

What do you all think? I would rather stay home and take it easy while I can....

Sam

Clarity
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Sounds like everyone's descriptions of the flu to me. If you have an appointment already, I'd go.