PDA

View Full Version : Crayola Color Wonder Markers

ha98ed14
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
How well do these work? Is it worth the money to continually shell out for the special paper, etc? DD just attacked her table and clothes with a blue marker (DH's). This means I should spend less time on the computer and more time supervising...

AnnieW625
10-21-2009, 02:11 PM
My DD gets frusterated with them. Just stick with regular washable markers for now. I can see DD getting used to these somewhere around 4 or 5.

ha98ed14
10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Ok. Washable. I think I will be throwing out all things not- washable. SUCH a PITA! How long til the blue wears off her skin? Right now, she could audition for a part as Grover's blonde haired sister.

sfmom
10-21-2009, 02:14 PM
It's not so much that DD gets frustrated with them, its just that she doesn't always use them on the special paper....which defeats the purpose.

egoldber
10-21-2009, 02:19 PM
My kids love them, but they did find them a little frustrating at first. They have a bit of a delay. When you first color with them, it takes a couple seconds for the color to actually appear and the girls did not like that. But then they got used to it.

MontrealMum
10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
I use them for "travelling" - specifically, to the ILs who will in no way make any special concessions or put anything away, want to see DS, yet don't want to come down here. DS has very little control over his coloring at this point, but since they have white carpeting throughout and tons of antique furniture it seems a safer option. Of course, he's always supervised, and has only colored while sitting at the dining room table, but they refuse to put anything down on that either, so when he goes off the edges of the paper, it's OK. I'll take anything I can get to distract him during a visit there.

It's just a treat, though, we don't use them at home. Here we're on regular washable markers and crayons. He knows he has to be strapped into his TT and wear his "bib" to do art though, so it's not a huge problem - except the time he colored his feet green with marker while I was cooking :D

pastrygirl
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I had them for a few minutes. Then I read the package, which said that although it looks clear, it can leave residue on clothing and furniture. We have heirloom furniture here, so I didn't want to take that risk. I switched to washable markers and bought one of those large plastic picnic tablecloths for art/craft time.

brittone2
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I had them for a few minutes. Then I read the package, which said that although it looks clear, it can leave residue on clothing and furniture. We have heirloom furniture here, so I didn't want to take that risk. I switched to washable markers and bought one of those large plastic picnic tablecloths for art/craft time.

A few years back friends of ours were letting their DC color with them and he colored on some furniture of theirs and it showed up all over it. The mom called crayola and they said it can show up on "some finishes" of furniture. This was probably like 5-6 years ago so it maybe different now, but she was p*ssed as she would have had him using them elsewhere had she known.

both of my kids found them kind of frustrating because of the delay. We've mostly only used them when traveling and usually stick to plain old washables. Neither kid has been one to draw all over stuff though (you know because I typed that my walls are getting covered in Sharpie or something tonight as punishment ;) )

AngelaS
10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
The Crayola PipSqueak markers work great and wash off everything--children, clothes, furniture, walls....

We use the Color Wonder stuff in church or in the car. At home, if they goof, we use the PipSqueaks and just wipe them off if there's a booboo. :)

KrisM
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
We like the Elmer's version better. There seems to be less of a delay. That said, we use washable at home and the Elmer's in the car.

jillmk
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
We use Crayola Pip Squeaks. So far they wipe right off of tables, wash out of clothes, etc. A few years ago DD got Color Wonder markers on a shirt. The shirt was stained a funky green color. It only happened once, but still. Then the Color Wonder fingerpaints left a weird stain on one of my tables. No more Color Wonder here....

Mikey0709
10-22-2009, 08:55 AM
After having the roof of my car colored blue (without noticing)... we use these in the car for long trips now. I tend to buy the small packs to keep in diaper bag for use in car or restuarants!

hillview
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
We don't like them.
/hillary

boolady
10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
So far, DD doesn't like them. She doesn't get it. She's used to washable markers at school that she can see while she uses them, and I think we need to get some for home.

HIU8
10-22-2009, 10:15 AM
We use these for trips and longer car rides. We use the color wonder finger paints, watercolors and paint at home as well. We also have the regular washable markers. DD and DS go back and forth and use different things at different times (we also have regular crayons).