PDA

View Full Version : Need help with KEEN sizing

JenaW
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I just got a pair of KEEN Calistoga's from STP with a 30% coupon and free shipping.

(Tried to link but it is not pasting for some reason).

They are called "sandy" and look like winter white, or a pair of very very light khaki pants. Can I wear these in the winter if there is no snow?

My question is re sizing. I have a pair of Keen Palermo boots from two seasons ago in 9 1/2. I have been lusting after Keen Winthrop boots after I saw them in an Athleta catalog, and was able to get them for $60 (orig $140) from Piperlime, using a coupon and some Gap rewards. I ordered the 9 1/2, but it was huge. I tried to exchange for a 9, but of course they had sold out in the color I wanted, so I ordered an 8 1/2 instead, thinking it probably would not work. They haven't come yet. The calistoga's arrived today, and the 9 in them is humongous! I do not get their sizing. How can the 9 1/2 in the Palermo boots fit perfect, the 9 1/2 in the winthrop be a bit too big, and the 9 in the Calistoga's be HUGE?? Argh. Does anyone else have more than one pair of Keens but wear different sizes in different styles?

crl
10-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes, I have one pair of Keen boots, one pair of Keen flip flops, one pair of Keen sneakers and one pair of Keen ballet flats. The ballet flats are a 1/2 size bigger than everything else.
And the sneakers are definitely a snugger fit than the boots--that's okay for me because I usually wear the boots with thicker socks. I've read this in Keen reviews on zappos too, that the fit is really inconsistent. I find that super frustrating because I'd rather buy shoes online.

Catherine