PDA

View Full Version : Stop kissing my kids!

infomama
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
How can I lay down the law with my MIL this cold/flu season to stop kissing my Dd's..on the dang lips. You would think it would be easy enough just to ask but alas I feel like I have to hang a sign around their necks so she 'remembers'. Suppose I am looking for tactful wording for this request (ie demand).
Thanks all.

kep
10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Ugh. I am just not okay with ANYONE kissing my kids on the lips. Dh and I do occasionally, but that's it. I would be pretty upset if it continued after my asking.

infomama
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Ugh. I am just not okay with ANYONE kissing my kids on the lips. Dh and I do occasionally, but that's it.
I know. My family (growing up) was not into kissing hello/goodbye but she is totally into it. I just turn my head.

mariza
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I need to get this into DS' head. He is a total lip kisser, started since he was a baby continues to do it at 3! Even his DCP brought it to my attention that he tried to kiss her on the lips and wanted me to know. She tells him it's ok to kiss her cheek if he wants but lips are for mom and dad. He is a player :kisscheek:
DD on the other hand offers you the top of her head when asked for a kiss.

We don't really have rules for kissing, I am first generation American with European parents so it's very common to kiss on the cheek when saying hello and goodbye (the "triple cheek" kiss actually) . DH is from the South and they aren't very kissy or really physically affectionate in any way (though I generally find Southerners to be affectionate - just not his family!) Funny how DC's observe and take what they want from it!
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post, you just got me thinking!

Tell you MIL that Strep is going around in addition to the various Flu's and say "I'd hate for DC to get you sick, you know how kids pick up everything!" Maybe if you present it in a way that makes it about her she'll get the point.

infomama
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
She is pretty much the queen of the drama queens so I think I am going to have to (flat out) tell her DH and I have decided to ask everyone to put a moratorium on kissing. Crazy that I even have to stress about this.