PDA

View Full Version : diary and egg free chicken nuggets

neeter
10-22-2009, 05:53 AM
I am wondering if there's such a thing available in the grocery store - dairy and egg free chicken nuggets. We've tried the soy nuggets from Trader Joes -- my son didn't like them. Short of making them myself, I'd love to know the options out there! Thanks!

MamaMolly
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I think Ian's might be D&E free. They make a lot of allergy friendly foods but of course you have to read the babels to be sure. I've seen them at Whole Foods and Wegmans in the NoVA area. You can also get naked nuggets at some Costcos that have no breading on them.

LarsMal
10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Ian's are safe, but are quite pricey!

There are a couple brands that are safe. I buy the Tyson brand. They have a few different kinds, too- 100% natural and some are 100% white meat.

As always, double check the label, because sometimes things vary from place to place. The ones in the bulk size supposedly aren't safe, but the regular size bags in the grocery store are.

neeter
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks so much! I will check out Ians and the Tysons!! :) :) :)

Babymakes3
10-25-2009, 11:13 PM
DS has an egg and dairy allergy too and I started out buying the Ians stuff which is great! However you get like 12 chicken nuggets for $6 which I was happily buying until I found the Tysons bag for $6 at publix! There is another big name brand chicken supplier (that i cant think of right now) that was safe as well. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow so i will look but they were right next to each other. The tyson chicken breast patties are good too and publix puts them BOGO often which is GREAT! DS also loves the Ian's mini corn dogs and fish sticks!

DrSally
10-26-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't remember from DS's dairy allergy days. But, I think I bought Tyson's.

nupe
10-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Costco. The brand is called yummy or yum. They used to make Dino nuggets. But now it a more standard shape. They are milk and egg free. My kids love them.

The Mickey nuggets at costco areNOT milk and egg free.

neeter
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks - I will keep a look out. Last time I went to Costco I didn't see any that were safe - thanks for the Yum/Yummy brand name!!

nupe
10-30-2009, 02:36 PM
This is what we get at Costco. I've been buying them there regularly since they stopped carrying the dino nugs. The Yummy nuggets have additional omega-3s too.
http://www.maxi.com/nuggetnatural.html

Allergen info: Contains wheat, soy and gluten. Does not contain milk, eggs, peanuts, nuts, tree nuts, sesame, fish or seafood

AnnieW625
10-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Our Costco keeps the Tyson nuggets and they are really good, esp. when baked in the oven. We don't have food allergies so I haven't really looked at the ingredients.

bigsis
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't know if you've heard of AngelFood Ministries. It helps people become better stewards of their money. So they help with supplying groceries for a cheaper price. Anyway, they have a box of allergen-free foods (free of wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, shellfish) I have ordered a box and it had chx nuggets, chx strips and country-fried steak) It was good! And since I just give it to DS, the box lasts me a long time.

If you want to check it out:
www.angelfoodministries.com (or .org???)

ett
11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I was at Costco today and noticed that the Kirkland mickey mouse nuggets are now milk-free.