PDA

View Full Version : Remember the fridge organization article??

JenaW
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Check this out from the latest issue (Oct) of Better Homes and Gardens. Unfortunately I can not find it on their site, so I am posting links to some blogs who scanned the article in.

http://woolshappenin.com/blog/
The first link has all 3 pages of the article and the cover, but some of them are hard to actually read.

http://passthebeansplease.blogspot.com/2009/09/freezer-organization.html
This link only has the first page of the article, which includes the main pic of the freezer, but if you click on it, it enlarges enough that you can actually read it.

I am so jealous!

KrisM
10-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow. That's a big freezer! Or, is it just a regular side-by-side one? Seems like there is a ton of stuff in there.

smiles33
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Wow. That's a big freezer! Or, is it just a regular side-by-side one? Seems like there is a ton of stuff in there.

That's a special upright freezer--no fridge compartment at all. They're more expensive than the chest freezers (you know, the kind you have to lean over and dig in to find stuff on the bottom!). I wish we had bought an upright as I'm constantly lifting my baskets in and out of the chest freezer to get to stuff and I often forget what's on the very bottom anyway.

JenaW
10-22-2009, 11:07 AM
We got ours at Sam's Club for around $300 about 4-5 years ago. I think it is the same size...it looks pretty similar except ours has one metal pull out wire bin for the bottom, not two separate drawers. It was SO worth it. We buy lots in bulk, especially meats. We freeze fruit that we pick in the summer (blueberries, strawberries). I stock up on staples when they are on sale and I have coupons (juice concentrate, butter). And I make breakfasts for the kids and freeze (waffles, pancakes, bfast sandwiches, etc). Plus I like to make freezer meals and stock up (lasagna, meatloaf, casseroles, calzones, etc) so when I don't feel like cooking, I can just pull something already made out of the freezer. However, my freexer CERTAINLY does not look like this one!

WatchingThemGrow
10-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Those look nice and organized, for sure. We have no garage, no space for a deepfreeze or upright freezer, and we wouldn't survive if I had that much space between all our frozen items.

I feel 100x better after doing my OAMC thing, and lots of those meals are in the freezer bags, wrapped over, so basically, the size of my forearm, well, a little thicker, but you get the idea. One compartment of my SBS fridge is filled with them and another is 1/2 filled. The list that hangs on the outside of the fridge is wonderful b/c I can pull a few meals out, cross them off, and not worry too much about what is left in there. The rest of the items are still written on my list!

KrisM
10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I thought it must be just a freezer. I really want one. We have 2 refrigerator/freezers, and both freezers are packed! We do a lot of make-ahead cooking and freeze a lot of stuff.

maylips
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
What do you do if you have a chest freezer? ***whine*** I wanna an upright freezer now!!! ***whine***

jgenie
10-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting!! This is great - I'm going to pick up containers during the Container Store sale and get our freezer organized before the new baby comes. :)

essnce629
10-22-2009, 08:51 PM
That's awesome. I was able to read it better by zooming in on each picture. I actually have a few of those containers under my bathroom sink for organizing! I think I got them at The Container Store years ago when I first went to college!

ThreeofUs
10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh, so cool! I definitely want to do this. But first I'll have to clean out my freezer.

Lessee, I can fit that in after I finish taking all the paint off of my sunroom windows and trim, repainting, and ... no, DH is going away for a couple of months then ... and then we have to refinish the 4th bedroom wood ... soooo YES! I can get to this in 2012. January, maybe!

:hysterical:

Sorry, just inundated and laughing at myself.