PDA

View Full Version : Best pump for occasional use?

lak
10-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Which type of pump is best for occasional pumping, a manual or a mini-electric? I understand there is a pretty big price difference, so is it worth paying a little extra for the mini-electric? I expect to need a bottle or two a day for when dad or grandma are helping out, or for relieving engorgement. Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-23-2009, 10:54 AM
when you say "mini electric", do you mean something like a Medela Pump In Style and Ameda Purely Yours, or something smaller?

For your purposes, a manual pump would probably be enough. The Avent Isis is the best one.

If you really end up pumping a bottle or two every day, then you will want one of the ones I mentioned above. That is a lot of pumping and a lot of work. Pumping once or twice a day every day is more work than nursing, so it isn't really "helping" for someone to give a bottle, unless you need to be away from the baby for work ir something and pump while you are out.

Lmans77
10-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree with previous poster, if you need a bottle or two most days of the week, go for a full double electric like a Pump in Style, Purely Yours or Lansinoh. I understand that mini-electrics just don't cut it and you would be just as better off with a manual.

that said, i love my Avent Isis. Works great and if I only pumped a couple bottles a week, that's all I would need.