PDA

View Full Version : DD has the flu :(

kayte
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Well DD was fine at noon. She went to school this morning.We came home, ate lunch and she took her nap. I noticed she was sleeping an unusually long time and went in to check on her. She was very warm. I woke her and took her temperature, it was 101.8 under her arm. And she complained of a sore throat. I called the doctor and was told to come on in. I put DD in the car and she promptly threw up (yuck). By the time we got to the doctor's at 4:15, she was complaining her body hurt everywhere.

So in 4 hours, she went from fine to the full-blown flu.

She seems to be resting comfortably now (knock on wood) after some motrin and zofran. I also got Tamiflu, though I have some significant reservations, so my ped and I decided to wait to until tomorrow, to make sure we have gotten the vomiting under control, before deciding to administer or not.

ETA- DH has checked in to hotel. Despite his dad (who is an immunologist) suggesting, he has already been exposed. Next week is his last at his client, so I understand he feels a significant obligation to be able to work next week. He is scheduled to start with another client November 2. Anyway, I am just sitting sround, waiting to get sick ! :)

g-mama
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear. Wow, it is really just everywhere. I keep hearing about friends and friend's kids getting the flu every single day. I hope you and your dh don't get it.

shawnandangel
10-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Hope your DD feels better soon! And sending lots of healthy vibes your way!

Tondi G
10-23-2009, 12:43 AM
wash your hands often... don't touch your eyes,mouth,nose (well try not too unless you have just washed your hands). Wipe down surfaces, light switches, door knobs, phone, and anything you know your DD has touched with lysol/clorox wipes. Fingers crossed that you manage to stay well. Hope she is feeling better asap.

MommyAllison
10-23-2009, 01:19 AM
That was exactly how it was for us. Totally fine when she went down for a nap, full blown flu by the time she woke up. DH & I were spared though - hope you guys are too and it passes quickly!

TwinFoxes
10-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Good luck to you! I hope DD gets better fast, and you and DH don't get sick at all.

KrisM
10-23-2009, 08:07 AM
I hope she feels better very soon.

ThreeofUs
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Hope your DD feels better soon - and that neither you nor your DH get it.

calv
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
poor sweet thing. I hope it's quick and for the most part, painless for all of you! {{{{{}}}}}

kayte
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the well wishes.

DD seems to be doing better than I would have thought. I need to figure out how to keep her in the bed or at least still. I am half considering pulling back on the Tylenol so her fever keeps her still..... And she woke up starving...wanting bacon and hashbrown. She was really dissapointed with the plain waffle I gave her. The Ped said 24 hours vomit free before anything more than toast and crackers.

I have begun taking out stocking stuffers (stickers and new tiny doll) to keep her in the bed. She doesn't regularly watch tv. We watched some SIgning Time and Fraggles last night--she told me today "Agggh, no more tv."

Any thoughts for bed activities?????

MommyAllison
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Coloring? Reading books? Sticker books? DD slept most of the time so I don't have many ideas...good luck! Glad she is doing better!

kayte
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately DD is just like DH--neither of them really sleep at all when they are sick. They tend to wait until they are better and then catch up on sleep.

I on the other hand would sleep through any sickness.