PDA

View Full Version : baby einsteins dvds: get your money back

zen_bliss
10-23-2009, 12:22 AM
i apologize if this is a re-post; all i found with several searches was a thread started by deborah_r asking precisely if she could have her money back since they aren't actually educational... the answer 3 years later is YES!

http://www.babyeinstein.com/parentsguide/satisfaction/upgrade_us.html

The Baby Einstein™ DVD Upgrade / Moneyback Guarantee
Participation Guidelines

To participate, you must have purchased a Baby Einstein DVD between June 5, 2004 and September 4, 2009.

If you are not satisfied with the Baby Einstein DVD you purchased during the period mentioned above, for a limited time beginning on September 4, 2009 and ending on March 4, 2010, you may exchange it for one of the following:

* One (1) Baby Einstein Book of your choice
* One (1) Baby Einstein music CD of your choice

- Or -

* One (1) coupon for 25% off the purchase of one Little Einsteins™ product. Redeemable with promotion code only at DisneyStore.com.

or you may return it, and we will refund the current retail value of the DVD ($15.99).

To request your DVD exchange or refund (limited to four (4) per household), you must follow the steps below for each DVD returned (note: you may return more than one DVD in the same mailing envelope, but you MUST include a completed mail-in certificate or completed 8½x11 sheet of paper for each DVD you are returning) :

1. Package the DVD, in its original DVD case (if available), into a suitable mailing envelope or package.
2. Include the completed (hand-printed) request form below or an 8½x11 sheet of paper with your signature, name, address, telephone number and email address.
3. Indicate the DVD title you are returning and date of purchase.
4. Check the appropriate box on the exchange/refund request form found below or write in on your sheet of paper your choice of :
(a) An exchange for one (1) Baby Einstein Book OR one (1) Baby Einstein music CD. Please write in the product name or title in the appropriate space found on the refund request form below OR on your sheet of paper;
(b) A coupon for 25% off one (1) Little Einsteins™ product purchased online at DisneyStore.com; or
(c) A refund.
5. Submissions must be postmarked by March 4, 2010.
6. Mail to:

The Baby Einstein DVD Guarantee/Upgrade Offer
P.O. Box 3200
Neenah, WI 54957-3200

Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of your exchange or refund check. Returns must be sent in a suitable envelope or package with the necessary postage. Limit four (4) exchanges (including upgrades and discounts) or refunds per household or address during the return period ending March 4, 2010. Group submissions are void. Exchanges and refunds will not be mailed to P.O. Boxes. Check with your local post office for a street address. Exchange or refund rights may not be assigned or transferred. Requests not in compliance with all the terms of this offer will not be acknowledged or returned. All submissions are subject to verification. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment reserves the right to review questionable submissions. Any requests sent to the above P.O. Box for anything other than a legitimate product exchange or refund will not be acknowledged. Offer good in U.S. only. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. Inquiries to this offer received later than 30 days after the expiration date of March 4, 2010 will not be acknowledged. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or postage-due mail. For inquiries, including if you believe you purchased your Baby Einstein DVD(s) for a different amount, please call our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-800-793-1454 (Prompt #5) or e-mail us at [email protected].

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Inc., Burbank, CA 91521.
© The Baby Einstein Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Baby Einstein and Little Einsteins are trademarks of The Baby Einstein Company, LLC. EINSTEIN is a trademark of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

MMEand1
10-23-2009, 12:57 AM
While they may not technically be "educational", my daughter has enjoyed watching them. Let's face it, a lot of things that kids watch these days are NOT educational (i.e. Spongebob, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Batman, Clone Wars, etc), but many children still watch them. The Baby Einsteins videos hold my daughters attention far longer than many other things both tv and non-tv related, and she enjoys watching them. My husband can actually get a load of laundry done if she watches one of the few BE videos we have.

They may not be "educational", but there are far worse things that we are not demanding our money back for...

deborah_r
10-23-2009, 02:56 AM
i apologize if this is a re-post; all i found with several searches was a thread started by deborah_r asking precisely if she could have her money back since they aren't actually educational... the answer 3 years later is YES!

I posted what??? I don't even remember that...but it does sound like something I might ask. I think I have since just accepted those DVDs for what they are at this point and every once in a while the kids will watch one.

zen, thanks for the chuckle! Good to see you back around these parts lately!

ETA: darn, I bought mine in 2003 guess we are stuck with them! :)

deborah_r
10-23-2009, 03:00 AM
While they may not technically be "educational", my daughter has enjoyed watching them. Let's face it, a lot of things that kids watch these days are NOT educational (i.e. Spongebob, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Batman, Clone Wars, etc), but many children still watch them. The Baby Einsteins videos hold my daughters attention far longer than many other things both tv and non-tv related, and she enjoys watching them. My husband can actually get a load of laundry done if she watches one of the few BE videos we have.

They may not be "educational", but there are far worse things that we are not demanding our money back for...

Well, in defense of my post that I don't remember, LOL, I think the point was that they made very strong claims to be educational, but then I think they started backing down from those claims. Maybe it was when the AAP said that *no* tv/videos were educational for children under 2.

My oldest loved baby Mozart when he was about 4-8 months old. I used to love watching him enjoy it, and when he first started laughing at certain parts. then my 2nd child had really no interest in TV until he was about 18 months or so, I think.

KrisM
10-23-2009, 07:09 AM
I posted what??? I don't even remember that...but it does sound like something I might ask. I think I have since just accepted those DVDs for what they are at this point and every once in a while the kids will watch one.

zen, thanks for the chuckle! Good to see you back around these parts lately!

ETA: darn, I bought mine in 2003 guess we are stuck with them! :)

Here you go:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=218074&highlight=einstein

Ceepa
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
We were given a big box set (like 10 DVDs?) that are still in the shrink wrap. Wonder what they'd offer for those.

rlu
10-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Wait, does this include Baby Mozart? We bought ours in 2005, but used. Wonder if they can determine when the original purchase was made based on the Stock No.? I would hate to pay to send it back only to find out the original purchase was too early.

babybell
10-24-2009, 07:55 AM
There's a New York Times article about this today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/24/education/24baby.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

brittone2
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I am sure most parents here did not buy with the intent of creating Einstein-like genius children ;) but I thought this was kind of amusing.

"No Einstein in your Crib? Get a Refund"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/24/education/24baby.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

MontrealMum
10-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Saw this on my FB page this morning - a friend posted it. We've never used them so I don't know much about it, but it's certainly an interesting marketing/pr strategy to offer a refund. I guess in these economic times companies are getting serious about protecting their image and keeping business. Also kind of amusing overall.

TonFirst
10-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Saw that this morning! I clapped at the breakfast table.

elliput
10-24-2009, 01:03 PM
This is great to know!

brittone2
10-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Ack. Sorry to be repetitive...I missed this post when I posted the NYT link this morning. Thanks mods for merging the threads :thumbsup:

edurnemk
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
We got 3 of these DVD's as a gift for DS and he hated them and also I did not let him watch TV the first year, so I'm glad I can exchange them for something he'll actually use.

pinkmomagain
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
We have nearly every one. So tempted to exchange, but honestly I just can't. She loved these videos sooooooo much (regardless if they were educational or not) that they were well worth the $$$ in our house.

kristac
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Sent back 3 today.

DrSally
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/24/education/24baby.html?nl=your-money&emc=your-moneyema4

You can get 15.99 for up to 4 videos returned with no receipt. Apparently this is a tacit admission that the videos are not "educational"

neeter
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
does anyone know if videos apply too, or does it have to be dvd's only?

daphne
10-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Should I open the one that we never used? That seems like cheating, in a way, to return it, but DS never took to any of them.

deborah_r
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Maybe I'll sent some back that my kids never took to - like "Santa's Music Box". I bought them in 2003 as a 10 or 12 DVD set at Costco, but if they'll take some back without a receipt I guess I should take advantage of it.

I'm trying to go back to my mental state when pregnant with DS1, and I do believe at the time we bought those, I was a little convinced that they would somehow be "good for him". I didn't know much about kids and sort of bought into the marketing. I knew that Mozart was supposed to be good for the brain, but obviously we could have just played CDs!