PDA

View Full Version : Will DS be too old for this trike for the holidays?

veronica
10-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I bought this a loooooong time ago when someone posted a deal on them for $25 shipped in June. I was going to give it to DS for his second b-day back in July but my brother gave him sooo much, I decided against it. I still have it in the shipping box and was going to try and sell it but DS loves "motocycles" and I wonder if he would still enjoy this.

It is different enough from our regular trikes that we keep outside since he will sit higher. he still doesn't pedal since he is a bit short for our kettler trikes. He will be about 2.5 years old at christmas . I have googled "radio flyer lights and sounds trike " and have gotten acceptable age ranges of 18-3 years. 3-5 years and 3+ so can't quite figure it out.

Do you think he'd still play with this at 3 years old next summer if we do give it to him at christmas when he is 2.5? I'd love some advice. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-46S-Classic-Lights/dp/B0017XC9IA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1256310021&sr=8-1

MoJo
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
The manufacturers recommended age on the listing you posted says 24 months to 5 years. One of the reviewers said her 4 year old liked it but was getting too tall.

I'd guess 2.5 to 3 would be perfect based on that!

Hope he loves it. . . . that was a great deal!

veronica
10-23-2009, 01:25 PM
thanks mojo-I think he might like it.

does anyone out there own it and have reviews for age/size?

isadij
10-23-2009, 02:55 PM
We have that trike - I think it'd be perfect for that age. My 4.5 DS still uses it from time to time though it is starting to be too small for him (he's a bit on the small side but not much); and it is getting to be almost perfect for my almost 3 DD - she's a tiny one but she sits way to the front and can pedal just fine.