PDA

View Full Version : Got turned down for another job!

SM23Mama21
10-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Ugh!! Will I ever get a break? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong during my interviews, but something has got to give!!

Just needed to whine a bit... Thanks.

arivecchi
10-23-2009, 04:39 PM
So sorry! Here's to hoping you get a break soon! :praying:

vludmilla
10-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Sorry! Can you work with someone in your field to do a mock interview and then get some feeback, constructive criticism?

wencit
10-24-2009, 02:16 AM
:hug:

DH is unemployed, too, and has never been to so many interviews in his life without getting a job offer (not that he goes on THAT many interviews to begin with). It's been pretty bad on his psyche.

Companies these days are looking for people who can walk on water, apparently. Hang in there. Sending positive mojo for you.

niccig
10-24-2009, 03:14 AM
:hug:

DH is unemployed, too, and has never been to so many interviews in his life without getting a job offer (not that he goes on THAT many interviews to begin with). It's been pretty bad on his psyche.

I've been looking since DS is in school, and there isn't a lot of jobs out there. DH comes home and I'm all depressed. I really feel for those that have been searching for longer...

MoJo
10-24-2009, 06:35 AM
With so many people trying to get the very few jobs that are available, you may not be doing anything wrong, it's just that competition is fierce. In the past, if I thought I should have gotten a job but didn't, I've even called the interviewer to ask why. One time, I was very surprised to learn the answer was "because I was overqualified." Even though I was having a very hard time finding any job, he was sure that if he hired me, I'd find a better job sooner rather than later and leave.

A couple of other things to check that are issues now that weren't so much in the past are your credit report and your online presence (facebook, mySpace, etc). Employers are looking at those things too as part of their hiring decisions.

Hope you do get a great break soon!

Cheburashka
10-24-2009, 08:33 AM
It's tough out there. If you can manage, you might try calling an interviewer and asking why, as Mojo suggested. Also, it's a very good idea to google yourself and see what pops up.