PDA

View Full Version : Tip after Little Gym party

toby
10-23-2009, 06:44 PM
What would you tip the staff after a birthday party at the Little Gym?
In case anyone doesn't know...1 staff member will lead activities and games for an hour and the other will help give out snacks and cupcakes for the half hour after (we could do without this, but it is how they do it).

On a side note, I have such a hard time doing searches on this board. I thought that this may have been discussed before so I searched Little Gym, The Little Gym, Little_Gym and came up with nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

StantonHyde
10-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I tipped like 10-20% or so or maybe $20 a person (the going rate here for babysitting is $10 an hour and the party was 2 hours so I figured paying them a babysitting rate on top of what they were being paid by LG was ok).

fivi2
10-24-2009, 02:10 PM
We only had one helper at our Gymboree party last year. I think I gave her $20.00. tbh, I was kind of annoyed by the whole concept, but she did a good job so I did it.

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Call me cheap but we did a $5 tip for the 2 people who ran our non- Little Gym party (local place, same concept though). They get paid to do it so I don't feel like I needed to give them more than just a little thank you.

Beth

kijip
10-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Nothing. I had no idea party monitors were tipped. I did most of the set up anyway, the rest of the time their job is standing around and then afterwards to clean up (and we don't leave a huge mess). ETA; That was for a bounce party, so the monitors did not teach anything. I have never had a party at a gym, but I still don't think I would be inclined to tip.

Twoboos
10-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Uh oh, we had DD2's bday party there over the summer and it never crossed my mind to tip!! And the girls looooooove the leader that ran the party. Now I feel bad.

OTOH, we have been going there for various classes for about 2 yrs so I kinda feel like they are getting plenty of $$ from me anyways. :)

egoldber
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
We just had Amy's 3rd birthday party at a local gym (not The Little Gym) and I tipped the party host $20. He was seriously surprised and not expecting it, but he was terrific with the kids, who ranged in age from 1 to 8, so it was a hard group to manage!