PDA

View Full Version : bulk fresh ground peanut butter question?

Seitvonzu
10-23-2009, 10:20 PM
per suggestions on this board, i bought fresh ground peanut butter at whole foods today (the honey roasted kind- megayummers)

do i have to stick it in the fridge? it is so tasty right now and the other nutbutter i've put in the fridge always gets so HARD. i'd love persmission to leave it out? why do i put our almond butter and flaxseed pb in the fridge? i'm not sure...there must be a reason....?TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I leave it out. It can go rancid but I have not had any problem with it. It spreads so much easier at room temp.. You can do the fridge and then microwave it for about 15 seconds if you are ok microwaving in plastic.

It is delicious, isn't it? :)

Beth

Seitvonzu
10-23-2009, 10:35 PM
it is DELICIOUS!!!! great recommendation :) and it was CHEAP-- i couldn't believe it was only 3.53 for the whole tub :) i was really happy with that purchase! (we cheated had a little taste when i had filled the tub half way b/c i didn't want lots of "weird" peanut butter on my hands...then i proceeded to fill the container)

i'm going to keep it out. i tend to burn peanut butter when i reheat it-- it heats fast (esp if you just have a tiny portion)

yumyumyum. i think i'll go get a spoon full right now :) yumyum.

vludmilla
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Yah! Glad you like the peanut butter! Sometimes I mix the almond and peanut butter on the same sandwich.

Seitvonzu
10-23-2009, 10:45 PM
they didn't have almond butter- can you believe it? they only had peanut --reg. and honey roasted. i went for the honey roasted...wow. yum. i just had it in a spoon. my hubby is getting back from a business trip tonight and i feel like hiding MY PEANUT BUTTER. is that wrong ? ;)

i the store i went to might be on the smaller side. it certainly is smaller than whole foods i went to in texas (but everything is bigger in texas, right? :) they did have apple juice sweetened cranberries...why is it i feel better about giving those to miss lucy than ones sweetened with cane sugar? oh well :) it's like a raisin then right?

MontrealMum
10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
We always buy natural peanut butter and never refrigerate it, and have never had any problems. I guess if you lived in an extremely warm climate you might - I have had butter go rancid in the summertime, but never pb even w/p preservatives in it. Glad to hear you found some good things and are so happy with your purchases :)