PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard boxes RULE

hillview
10-23-2009, 10:23 PM
3 weeks ago we got some large furniture. The boys have been playing in the 3 large boxes non-stop. Why do I bother with toys. Should just get boxes from now on!
/hillary

Seitvonzu
10-23-2009, 10:36 PM
hrm... if you bought the boxes and presented them as toys, the kids wouldn't like THEM either. fickle kids! :)

what are they doing with them ? forts?

jenfromnj
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
This was the scene last Christmas at my parents, all the kids (5 of them ages 1-5) were playing with the cardboard boxes while the zillions of presents my mom had spent months amassing sat unused under the tree! This year, she's vowed to stick with the boxes--we'll see...

deannanb
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
we cut windows, doors and sun-roofs in our boxes - and the let DS decorate -
he will eat a few meals in there too --

we usually keep the boxes until bulk trash pickup - so much fun!

elephantmeg
10-23-2009, 11:56 PM
DH brought one home last eve too-we cut out a door and window and the kids colored it today. So much fun!

katydid1971
10-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Our neighbors brought over a dishwasher box last night and DD has been going in there all day and just sitting there with a stuffed toy. Its like its her own little space. ;)

tnrnchick74
10-24-2009, 06:28 AM
DS likes diaper boxes...he likes to fill it up, empty it out...and then TRY to stuff his long big body into it!

carolinamama
10-24-2009, 10:32 AM
We've made rocket ships and houses out of our boxes. They get more use than toys! My parents have two toilet boxes cut like houses that fit together to make two "rooms". Both boys LOVE them.

Hallie_D
10-24-2009, 12:18 PM
It's hard to know who enjoys cardboard boxes more, DS#2 or our cat. :-)

larig
10-24-2009, 02:01 PM
they actually sell white cardboard *forts/playhouses* at Costco. For 19.99 you can get a big plain white one, if you are not lucky enough to have purchased a big box item.

We just recycled after 4 months a desk chair box that was our DS's house. He loved it, especially opening and closing the windows and doors.

frgsnlzrds
10-24-2009, 06:04 PM
It's so funny that you posted this since I've been shaking my head at the kids playing inside a medium cardboard moving box. I know I just sold some of their toys, but they still have plenty! Sheesh!

stefani
10-24-2009, 11:46 PM
We received a new paper shredder that was shipped in a large box. As soon as DS saw the box he said "Can I have that box as my toy?!". He later decided to spend the night in it.

So I asked him (jokingly): "You mean I should just got you a very big box instead of buying you this nice bed?". He nodded and smiled.:ROTFLMAO: