PDA

View Full Version : When do DC stop flipping around so much in bed?

Ceepa
10-24-2009, 10:55 AM
At what point can I expect DC (4 yo) to not roll out of bed or end up laying sideways with head and feet hanging off the sides of the bed? I'm tempted to upgrade to a full-size from a twin-size. We only use a fitted sheet and blankets on top because a flat sheet would just get kicked off, but maybe a sheet tucked in would keep DC in place? Hmm.

Laurel
10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
My 5.5 year-old sleeps in a full and we still find her upside-down, sideways and hanging off the bed. She does this even with heavy blankets and tucked in sheets! She never falls out completely, so we just let her sleep like this. If she was in a twin, she would probably fall out every night.

Cheburashka
10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
... I still flip around in the bed sometimes. My SO and I share a queen, and he'll come back to bed after I've gone to sleep and have to move me around. My 16 y.o. sister is the same way. One time we tried to wake her up, and she stuck one leg up in the air and went right back to sleep.

If you can upgrade DC to a full, you might give that a shot. Should keep DC from falling out of bed at least.

KathyN115
10-24-2009, 11:57 AM
DD is 3.5 and does the same thing. I worry about her being cold at night, because our house is chilly! The tucked-in sheets didn't work for us, she is in a twin and I even tried a queen sheet and blanket tucked in. Nope, nothing keeps her down! Now we don't use a top sheet anymore either - it was just getting pushed down, so why bother. I bought her the chamois bottom sheet at PBK, thinking that maybe having something plush underneath would help keep her warm. And we also have a small heater in her room for at night. She is in a twin, but it is a daybed that we turned around so the back is on the outside. Otherwise she would be on the floor, she is an active sleeper.

kijip
10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
T does not roll out of bed any longer BUT he does flip around in bed pretty much every night. He is 6, I think it is just how/who he is. Dangling limbs are common.

daisymommy
10-24-2009, 12:23 PM
My oldest DS is 7 yrs. old, and we still find him hanging head first off the side of the bed, sheets all a mess, looking like he's wrestling with someone :)

MMEand1
10-24-2009, 12:52 PM
My oldest DS is 7 yrs. old, and we still find him hanging head first off the side of the bed, sheets all a mess, looking like he's wrestling with someone :)

My almost 5yo DD is just like this! Hence the reason that she is still sleeping on a mattress on the floor and not in an elevated bed. I can't imaging her falling out EVERY single night. My DS sleeps like a normal person...

Corie
10-24-2009, 05:29 PM
DD is almost 8 years old and she still flips around all night long.

We found her completely sideways one time with no covers.

DS doesn't move an inch. :) I don't mind sleeping in bed with him.

scoop22
10-24-2009, 07:47 PM
i thought ds was almost ready to sleep at the same end of the bed. i guess i have a few more years. he does a pretty good job but some mornings we find him at the other end. we always laugh at where we are going to find each boy. oh well.

egoldber
10-24-2009, 07:56 PM
DD is almost 8 years old and she still flips around all night long.

:yeahthat: