PDA

View Full Version : shots

DietCokeLover
10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
For those of you who have chosen to get the flu shot and the H1N1 shot for your DCs -- would you let them get both shots on the same day?

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2009, 02:09 PM
No, there has to be a gap between them from what I have read. I have heard 20 days between.

Beth

Momof3Labs
10-24-2009, 02:21 PM
No, there has to be a gap between them from what I have read. I have heard 20 days between.

Beth

That's if you do both intranasal. Shots can be given the same day.

I'd probably do it - if you wait, you might run into problems finding what you need since suppy of these vaxes is still unclear.

let73
10-24-2009, 02:23 PM
You can actually get the injectables(inactivated) on the same day, just not the mists(live) according to the CDC:

Can the seasonal vaccine and the 2009 H1N1 vaccine be given at the same time?
Inactivated 2009 H1N1 vaccine can be administered at the same visit as any other vaccine, including pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. Live 2009 H1N1 vaccine can be administered at the same visit as any other live or inactivated vaccine EXCEPT seasonal live attenuated influenza vaccine.
http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/public/vaccination_qa_pub.htm

let73
10-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Lori,
I was researching when you posted too.:wink2:

DietCokeLover
10-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank you for the info. They are doing a free flu shot clinic in our town next week and I thought I'd just go get the whole family done at the same time. But was unsure if they could both be done for the kids.

Y'all always have great info! Thanks!!!

swrc00
10-24-2009, 06:57 PM
DS got both of his the same day. They were both injections.

egoldber
10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
You can get two injectables on the same day. You can also get one nasal and one injectable.

You cannot get the two different nasal vaxes within 28 days of each other.

sunshine873
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes, I would have had her get both on the same day if they were available at the same time. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for her. Oh well, what's a few more Dr visits in the scheme of things? :)

HannaAddict
10-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Yes, with the shortages of both going on, I would do both since it is approved medically. And FWIW, I got the H1N1 shot and my arm is not stiff or sore like the it was with the regular seasonal flu shot. I know I saw the shot, felt it go in, but after have not had the muscle ache that I had from the regular flu shot. My OB got it too and she said the same thing. My child who got it also has not complained at all about his arm and in the past, with other shots, he has commented on having a sore arm. So, at least it won't hurt more, though I know shots can have other side effects. (We have all been fine.)

graciebellesmomma
10-25-2009, 03:04 AM
My 13 yr old niece got both of them last Wed.
We spent the night at their house last night and
my daughter slept in her bottom trundle bed. Right below her.
My niece woke up hacking and coughing and feeling cruddy.
Last night when she went to bed she felt fine...it was crazy.
It was like she woke up with the flu!!!

We hightailed it out of there, dripping hand sanitizer as we fled.
Flu sloughing off or whatnot,
I'm skeeeered!