PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Halloween Candy?

SkyrMommy
10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
As DD doesn't exactly have teeth yet, we won't be worrying about the candy this year... but it made me curious... what's everyone's favorite candy?

My mom reminded me that next year it will be my job to check and double check Halloween candy to 'make sure everything is good'. Laughing I replied 'oh, you mean take out some of your favorite kind of chocolate and give the rest back to the little one!' She smiled then looked pretty sheepish :D My dad was much better, and often ate the yuckies that my sister and I didn't like!

My favorite... Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

BabyMine
10-24-2009, 02:54 PM
My favorite... Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

:yeahthat: and snickers

carolinamama
10-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Butterfinger and Snickers. YUM!

lizzywednesday
10-24-2009, 03:00 PM
LOL! My dad was always good for the black licorice, Almond Joy and Mounds.

Personally, I love caramels. Sugar Babies, Milky Way, you name it, if it's got caramel in it, that's my favorite. Followed in a close second by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

DH likes Kit Kats and Reese's best.

jgenie
10-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Baby Ruth, Snickers, Mr. Goodbar, Reese's cups (mini cups). YUM!!!

tnrnchick74
10-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Butterfinger, heath, reece cups, and RED twizzlers!

elektra
10-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Snickers and Reese's peanut butter cups. Chocolate plus either peanut butter or caramel is my idea of heaven. It was always such a tough decision at the supermarket when my mom would only let me pick one candy.

elizabethkott
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Mmmmm. Snickers and reese's peanut butter cups. Mmmmmmm.

My dad used to take out "candy taxes". He would demand 10% of our haul, and *he* would get to pick out what he wanted. He said I had to get used to someone taking what I had "earned". He has a sick sense of humor. And a wicked sweet tooth!

mom2binsd
10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
100 Grand...or whatever the new name is and Milky Way

Canadian Smarties too!!!

TwinFoxes
10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Reese's pb cups hands down! Distant second is Snickers, or KitKat.

Canadian Smarties too!!!

Are those like the British ones?

misshollygolightly
10-24-2009, 05:38 PM
For cheapy Halloween candy, I *love* bottlecaps and sixlets :love-retry: Of course I love all the usual chocolatey goodies as well, but these are candies I rarely buy or eat outside of Halloween.

As a kid, I remember being especially delighted with any house handing out Pixie Stix or FunDip for TrT.

arivecchi
10-24-2009, 06:24 PM
candy corn, milky way, snickers :bag

mom2binsd
10-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Reese's pb cups hands down! Distant second is Snickers, or KitKat.

Are those like the British ones?

Yup made by Cadbury/Rowntree I believe, similar in idea to M&M's but different, the candy coating is harder and the chocolate is milkier...when I moved to the US and said I missed Smarties my DH got me a big bag of American Smarties...I was like, um, no honey those are called Rockets....a little Canadian-US naming discrepancy like Canadians call Corndogs "Pogo Sticks"....

wellyes
10-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Back when I was a kid there was a neighbor who made popcorn balls. Would never happen now of course but WOW those were delicious.

Favorite now - any of the above! Peanuts, caramel, chocolate in any combo is probably tops for me.

But SO many neighbors give out Reece's Peanut Butter cups or the minis - they're not as special anymore.

Based on an idea from someone here (wish I could remember who!) I am planning on giving applesauce this year - those little individual-serving-size packs. It is a nice treat, I think. But I admit I wouldn't be my own favorite if I was a kid in our neighborhood.

SkyrMommy
10-24-2009, 08:45 PM
am planning on giving applesauce this year - those little individual-serving-size packs. It is a nice treat, I think. But I admit I wouldn't be my own favorite if I was a kid in our neighborhood.

You'd be mine... I adore applesauce!!! :bighand:

...after I scarfed down all the PB cups from the rest of the bag :innocent:

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Kit Kat or Snickers. I went years with no Snickers b/c of PHO but I decided to be cruel to my arteries every now and again b/c they are so good. eta- Take 5 are probably my tippy top favorite. I just forget about them b/c they aren't very popular.

Beth

DrSally
10-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Recess pb cups, although we don't have any in the house b/c of DS's allergy.

Tondi G
10-25-2009, 08:32 PM
kit kat and twix are my favorites... I do love Milky way and 3 musketeers too

deannanb
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Back when I was a kid there was a neighbor who made popcorn balls. Would never happen now of course but WOW those were delicious.

we had a neighbor who had their grill going and we would roast marshmallows - it was a fun treat while running around in the chilly night -
no one would do that now a days

shawnandangel
10-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I was thinking of making caramel apples. I know most of the people in my neighborhood and we take cookies to each other for Christmas, cards on birthdays ect. I really like the marshmellow roasting idea though! I think making smores would be so much fun. . .

My favorite candies are: Twix, Reeses, and Snickers!

MontrealMum
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I miss candy corn so much now that I live in a place where I can't get it!

Favorite candy from actual trick-or-treating days: caramels, Hershey's mini special dark bars, Jolly Rancher in watermelon :)

jse107
10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I adore the new Reese's sticks (wafer, PB, choc.). I also love Milky Ways.

mom2binsd
10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I miss candy corn so much now that I live in a place where I can't get it!

Favorite candy from actual trick-or-treating days: caramels, Hershey's mini special dark bars, Jolly Rancher in watermelon :)

When I moved to the US I fell in LOVE with candy corn...why don't they have it in CANADA????

MontrealMum
10-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Beth, I don't know! Sometimes my mom mails it to me :) I will admit that I am crazy about Canadian Smarties - especially in Blizzards! Never touched them in the States - they're not even close to the same thing. I don't get this re-naming of food items across the border. Now if anyone can tell me what the heck a "Michigan dog" is, and why it's named that...I'd love to know. Seeing as I'm from Michigan and I'd never seen a hot dog like those before moving here...they're encased in a bright red casing - ick!

WitMom
10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
There is no candy corn in Canada? Say it ain't so. Halloween without candy corn is like Easter without jelly beans. I don't think I could live in Canada on this basis alone, lol.

HIU8
10-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Candy Corns :boogie: