PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love it!

tnrnchick74
10-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Seriously!!! I'm pretty good at buying clothing ahead...as my son can go from 1 size one day - to 2 sizes bigger in the span of a week. So I'm ALWAYS stocking up 2-3 sizes ahead in various clothing. We live in FL, so its a good bet shorts and t-shirts can be worn almost all year. Winter clothing gets a little tricky as we need so little (think jeans and a long sleeve shirt...maybe a hoodie), and I never know what size he's going to be.

So tonight, I was dragging my sewing stuff out from under my bed and I decided to look at the box that has "next seasons" clothing in it...Much to my excitement, there were 4 pairs of shorts/tshirts for pj's and other summer type stuff EXACTLY in the size we've gone into!

Seriously - in 1 month he's gone from 12-18 month bottoms to 3T tops! TALK ABOUT A HEIGHT SPURT!!! I put him in pj's last night and his belly was sticking out!

So the new clothes are in the washer. I was actually stressing a little bit about getting new shorts and pj's! WOOHOOO!!! :jammin:

At least I do SOMETHING right (shopping)!!

shawnandangel
10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes I absolutely love it! I'm always buying ahead. Right now I'm buying between 2 and 4T. I told my husband tonight that DD was in size 2T for length (She is 96% for height) and he said "What is 2T?" LOL!

tnrnchick74
10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Yep - we are (as of today) 24 month-2T bottoms for height but MUST had adjustable waist (he can fit into 12 month waists, but they are WAY too short). Tops are horrible because he's BROAD shouldered and REALLY long torsoed! Weight wise, he doesn't need the width, but length wise he could even use a 4T if it fit in his shoulders!!!

So looking ahead for summer - only but 3T-4T! That way if he slows down, we have plenty 2T...if he grows some, we have 3T...if he sprouts again, we have 4T...

And I don't DARE buy shoes ahead. We know he wears SKRs well...if I buy ahead, I get 1 of each size up to 2 sizes larger than he is now. Sigh.

elektra
10-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Score! I am horrible at buying ahead. And just when I thought I might have it figured out, DS comes along and it growing way faster than DD did.
It is nice living in a moderate climate though isn't it? Much less hassle in the clothing department (among other things ;)). The high was 78 here today. Last week we broke out the long sleeves but this past week was back in the onesies for DS and short sleeves for DD.