PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all of the support

DeeEast
10-25-2009, 12:37 AM
It has been amazingly helpful. I find myself coming on here just to read or re-read the kind messages people have replied. I have a lot of friends and relatives IRL that I talk to a lot. I was up last night until the sun came up and actually had a friend text me and call me at 4 AM because she knew I needed someone to talk to.

I know that men and women deal with things differently, but if it weren't for here and my IRL friends and relatives I think I would be totally insane by now waiting for Monday's results. DH just keeps going, sleeping, working, and appearing to not worry. But it is so comforting to know that there are people I have never met that are offering prayers and support. Seriously, thank you. It means a lot.

longamkl
10-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Not inspirational in any way but you have my positive thoughts. Just do your best.

sariana
10-25-2009, 01:43 AM
DH just keeps going, sleeping, working, and appearing to not worry.

I'm sure that's just his way of coping. And it's not just a men vs. women thing.

I know it's not the same at all, but my DH is currently on the East Coast (we live in CA) training to go over to Pakistan for a year. Not long before he left he made a comment to me, asking me if I realized that he was leaving and how long a year was because I just seemed to be acting like my normal self and didn't seem to care.

I do care. But acting like my "normal" self keeps me from dwelling on something I can't control. I want to keep my kids' lives as normal as possible. Thinking about my husband's being away is likely to make me cry, which wouldn't be productive for them at all.

Again, not really similar to your situation at all, and you have every right to cry whenever and wherever you need to. But I'm sure your husband is hurting just as much and just has a different way of dealing with his feelings.

Here's to good news on Monday. I'm glad you feel safe posting here and gettting some support here.

niccig
10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Here's to good news on Monday. I'm glad you feel safe posting here and getting some support here.

:yeahthat: Let us know when you can. Meanwhile the BBB mojo is still working...P&PTs.

DeeEast
10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I
Again, not really similar to your situation at all, and you have every right to cry whenever and wherever you need to.

But crying in front of other people makes me feel like I am out of control and going insane. Its almost like peeing your pants in public. Not that I've ever done that. : ) But its such an embarassing out of control public feeling.

Kitten007
10-25-2009, 04:35 AM
But crying in front of other people makes me feel like I am out of control and going insane. Its almost like peeing your pants in public. Not that I've ever done that. : ) But its such an embarassing out of control public feeling.

NO WAY!!!! Crying just means you are human! AND A DAMN GREAT, WONDERFUL, LOVING, CARING (the list goes on and on) MOM!

jayali
10-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Huge prayers and positive thoughts are still with you and will be with you throughout your diagnosis.

Globetrotter
10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
My DH is also like that. We've gone through some awful things together, and he generally remains stoic and goes on with his life, but I know he is actually quite anxious inside because he is a worrier. It's just your dh's way of dealing.. and maybe even moreso since you are visibly upset. He wants to be the strong one. Anyway, that's my theory!

However, I personally feel it's important for him to let it out at some point, but that's for him to decide. :grouphug:

arivecchi
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm glad we are able to help, even if just a tiny bit. We are here for you mama! :grouphug:

Laurel
10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I wanted to represent those who have yet to post on your threads but are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. I know I am not the only one!

wellyes
10-25-2009, 02:08 PM
How is it that we have a billion smilies but not one for "good vibes"? That's what I'd like to put. I'll settle for :praying:

jse107
10-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Just sending more hugs for tomorrow. I truly hope that everything turns out okay and you're able to generate a plan for helping your son's health issues. Keep us posted. I'm home all day tomorrow with two sick kids, so I'll be looking for your update. Hang in there.

WitMom
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Count me as another hoping for good news tomorrow. I hope you are able to get some answers, so you can get on the path to health for your little boy and peace for you!

karin4
10-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I wanted to represent those who have yet to post on your threads but are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. I know I am not the only one!

I'm with Laurel. I haven't posted, but I've been following your posts over the past few weeks, and you and your family are in my thoughts so often. I think you're handling everything remarkably. I can imagine the barely-controlled panic you must feel simmering just under the surface all the time. If you lose it sometimes-- well, of course you do! Honestly, you seem to be holding it all together-- and even keeping a sense of humor.

I'm so glad you're getting the support you need both irl and here.

infocrazy
10-25-2009, 11:49 PM
But crying in front of other people makes me feel like I am out of control and going insane.

This is me too. Crying isn't bad, but I totally understand your feelings.

Positive thoughts tomorrow for you and yours!

MoJo
10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Just letting you know I was thinking of you and praying for you this weekend, even when I was offline. Continuing to do so now!