PDA

View Full Version : Has Costco changed the Kirkland Dipes?

erv917
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I think maybe I read there here recently? Anyone else having problems with them? For us, the beginning of problems coincided with going up a size, so it's a little hard to separate, and I am wondering what other's experiences are. With DD last diaper change, I went through two unusable diapers in a row (one the tab was defective, the next the tab ripped right off) before picking up a useable dipe. Plus, they just don't fit as snugly as they used to (this could be due to going up a size, but the previous size is too small, so not much choice there). Thoughts?

sariana
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't know if they've changed them, but I've had problems with the tabs recently, too, and DD has been in the same size for about 5 years. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But this box was the same size we've been buying for a while. I haven't noticed any gapping problems, though, and have been happy with how well the diapers hold her pee. A couple of nights ago, she fell asleep in the car at 5:30 and slept straight through until 6:30 the next morning. Her diaper was QUITE full, but there were no leaks.

jenfromnj
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
My sister was just saying the same thing--she's noticed it with her DDs. I know the wipes have taken a step down in quality lately (no longer 100% cotton and they just don't feel the same). We are actually debating switching to BJs because we've been disappointed in a few different Kirkland items recently.

amldaley
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't know if they've changed them, but I've had problems with the tabs recently, too, and DD has been in the same size for about 5 years. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But this box was the same size we've been buying for a while. I haven't noticed any gapping problems, though, and have been happy with how well the diapers hold her pee. A couple of nights ago, she fell asleep in the car at 5:30 and slept straight through until 6:30 the next morning. Her diaper was QUITE full, but there were no leaks.

I just started using them and my first box was purchased about 6 weeks ago. Had a couple that the tabs tore off and then two that were crooked. So, I did not know that wasn't the norm!

WitMom
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
We've been using them for a year or so? Maybe more. I have had some where the tabs came off, but I've had that with other brands, too. I haven't noticed any drastic change lately....but maybe I'm just not paying attention.

DrSally
10-25-2009, 10:51 PM
My sister was just saying the same thing--she's noticed it with her DDs. I know the wipes have taken a step down in quality lately (no longer 100% cotton and they just don't feel the same). We are actually debating switching to BJs because we've been disappointed in a few different Kirkland items recently.

I just finished my last pack of old dipes, but have some new ones to open next. I'll be curious to see if they're different. Why oh why do they have to mess with a good thing? I'm still working on my packs of old wipes. I really hope the new ones aren't a huge step down. FWIW, I liked the BJ's ones when we lived near a BJ's. I found them very similar to the old Costco ones.

jenfromnj
10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I just finished my last pack of old dipes, but have some new ones to open next. I'll be curious to see if they're different. Why oh why do they have to mess with a good thing? I'm still working on my packs of old wipes. I really hope the new ones aren't a huge step down. FWIW, I liked the BJ's ones when we lived near a BJ's. I found them very similar to the old Costco ones.

I wish I'd known they were phasing out their cotton wipes, I would have stocked up. It was an unpleasant surprise! Thanks for the tip about BJ's--they're more or less equidistant from our house, so I think I need to investigate this week.