PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced a shortage in hand sanitizer?

MMMommy
10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
So I keep reading in the news that hand sanitizer sales have gone up and that there is an expected shortage due to H1N1 and flu. Has anyone found sanitizer to be unavailable or hard to get?

wellyes
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Nope.

Sounds like they're trying to drive up panic.

bigpassport
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
They had a big display of 1 gallon jugs of hand sanitizer at Sam's Club yesterday.

katydid1971
10-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Not here. :)

EllasMum
10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I had an experience with this recently, sort of... my favorite brand of hand sanitizer (Safeway's store brand - fresh citrus, mmm smells good enough to eat!) had an AirMiles deal this week - buy 2 bottles and get 15 AirMiles. OK, that is a good deal, but this time last year, it would not have sold out their stock. I went to 3 different Safeways last week and all of them were completely sold out. I'm sure part of the reason for the shortage of stock was the AirMiles deal, but I still maintain that the flu/H1N1 panic contributed to it!

Melaine
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Nope.

Sounds like they're trying to drive up panic.

:yeahthat:

Gena
10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
No shortage here, but I would believe that sales are up.

My boss had me order a 8 oz bottle of hand sanitizer for every person in the office. The bottles arrived the next day along with the rest of the office supplies.

dhano923
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
The company that makes Purell is having a hard time meeting orders right now. I work at a company that sell first aid supplies to businesses and we've had Purell (in the large dispenser bags) on backorder for a couple months now. They send us a few here and there, but not enough to fulfill our orders. They said they are trying to speed up production but won't be able to fill all their orders for a couple more months.

pinkmomagain
10-26-2009, 10:43 AM
It did happen in my area last spring when H1N1 first reared its ugly head. Couldn't find hand sanitizer anywhere. So far so good this fall though. I bought a big container a couple of months back and will probably buy another this week just in case.

gatorsmom
10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Funny this should come up. I was wondering a few months ago if my favorite brand would be harder to get. Yep, my favorite stuff seems to be the first to go at our local Target. But there is plenty of the other stuff so no official shortage. Just a shortage of the good stuff.