PDA

View Full Version : last-minute trip! where to eat??

hellbennt
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
hi there,

we live in FL and decided, just now, to go to WDW next
weekend:cheerleader1:!

We're doing the dining plan and 'need' two sit-down meals
last minute...we will only be at WDW...

we're driving up friday morning and will go to the park fri, sat & maybe Sunday, too (staying at the pop century).
Sat. we will go to Downtown Disney for trick-or-treating, which starts at 5:00pm...
[edited to add: ok since we'll do trick-or-treating at downtown disney, we got the only reservation we could at
Captain Jack's- so 4:55 dinner then trick or treating then bed...]

We did get a reservation at the Crystal Palace for sunday breakfast (yay!),
but aren't sure we're going to even 'do' the park on sunday-we might just leave and use the ticket another time...[edited to add: looks like we'll keep this reservation :) ...]

ok, so tell me_______(not sure what I'm looking for, LOL!)
(and where is good to eat for the self-service...)
TIA!
~laura

JTsMom
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
When you say you're only going to WDW, do you mean the Magic Kingdom? Just want to clarify. Assuming so, and assuming you're keeping that Crystal Palace ADR, you only need 1, right?

It's going to be tricky finding anything at the last minute. You can go online and select all of the following, and see if you have any luck: Anything in MK (Tony's, Plaza, CP again- the do B,L and dinner), Liberty Tree Taverern, OR anything at any of the monorail resorts- GF- 1900 Park Faire, Kona, Ohana; Contemporary- Chef Mickey's, The Wave, or Cali Grill; or the Poly- Kona or Ohana. Wilderness Lodge/Ft. Wilderness would also be easy acess from MK- so Hoop Dee Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (both require 2 credits), Whispering Canyon, Artist's Point, and there is some buffet thing- I want to say it's called Trail's End.

With a little more effort, you could also hit any of the other resorts via bus or car. Good luck!

ETA: We like Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill for CS

egoldber
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
I've stayed at Pop a couple times and I really like their counter service. Lots of choices.

Our fav CS in the Magic Kingdom is Harbor House (in between Fantasyland and Frontierland) and Pinocchio's Village House in Fantasyland.

I don't know about the last minute dining. It wasn't clear to me what you plan to do on what days.

Just note that the MK will start to fill up and be very busy on the 31st for the MNSSHP. We did that on 10/31 last year and the most crowded time at the park was the hour before the park closed to the general public. We had a 4 PM "dinner" at Crystal Palace that day because it was all we could get, but in retrospect that was actually fine.

hellbennt
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I've stayed at Pop a couple times and I really like their counter service. Lots of choices.

Our fav CS in the Magic Kingdom is Harbor House (in between Fantasyland and Frontierland) and Pinocchio's Village House in Fantasyland.

I don't know about the last minute dining. It wasn't clear to me what you plan to do on what days.

Just note that the MK will start to fill up and be very busy on the 31st for the MNSSHP. We did that on 10/31 last year and the most crowded time at the park was the hour before the park closed to the general public. We had a 4 PM "dinner" at Crystal Palace that day because it was all we could get, but in retrospect that was actually fine.

Thanks everyone!
about the MNSSHP - we're not going, so we'll be heading out of the park
to Downtown Disney to eat at Captain Jack's (only reservation I could get in Downtown Disney) at 4:55 and then we'll trick-or-treat:)!

Thank you for all the recs! I'm excited:bouncy:!

hellbennt
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
quick quick note- gotta go to work:

the Pop was nice- like the food court- lots of options for snacks and counter service (used snacks for breakfast one day- bagel, fruit salad, o.j. & coffee)-
the pool was fun/nice, too (ds1 & dh went one day while ds2 & I napped)
other good thing about the Pop Century: direct buses! very nice!

FORGET Captain Jack's in Downtown Disney! it served our 'purpose' (only res we could get so we could eat and then do Trick or Treating in Dwntn Disney)

Crystal Palace remains excellent! (we've only had breakfast there, so can't speak for other meals)

Space Mountain was closed for renevations :(

It was a fun trip!