PDA

View Full Version : 2:30 during the week is a bad time for a family event

SnuggleBuggles
10-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Our school has a really fun family event in Dec. that is hosted by the PTA. The chair of the committee just changed the date of the event and scheduled it for 2:30 in the afternoon. How many families are going to be able to attend? The fun of the event was being able to come with the whole family and my dh works. They have a second shift at 5:30 so people won't be out of luck if they work (though 5:30 is pretty early, imo). I just don't know who will come at 2:30. Many SAH parents I know that would be free then have toddlers that still nap at that time. This plan just makes no sense.

Beth

lilycat88
10-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah. Bad time. It would be really hard for us to attend.

KrisM
10-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Very odd timing for a family event. I'd have a napping toddler and I might have to pick up DD from preschool at 3pm.

hellokitty
10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
That is a very bad time. Their turnout will be lower than something after five, b/c of working parents and ppl with young children who still nap. Makes me wonder who the heck organized it this way... a guy?

vonfirmath
10-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Maybe it is to try and accomodate parents that work the night shift? Could the school have a largish population of people working alternate shifts with the change in economy this year?