PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stockings.

AlbrightRC
10-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Looking for idea for what to put in the christmas stocking . Our son will be 18 months at christmas and this is our first christmas so we are lost on stocking stuffers.

MoJo
10-26-2009, 08:19 AM
My DD will be 18 mos too. I'm thinking little board books, any small toys that aren't so small DC could choke on it, maybe some kind of snacks.

I think DD will be all about pulling stuff out and opening stuff up, and won't really care what the stuff is.

I'm glad you brought this up. . . because we did do Christmas last year, but I don't think we had a stocking for DD. Need to fix that!

kristac
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Goldfish crackers, similar snacks
oball ir deflated playground balls, sensory balls
Chunky toy cars,
art supplies
playsilks
playdoh
musical instruments, shakey egg
socks, soft soled shoes
Klean Kanteen sippy
babylegs
toothbrush

Glizmo
10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
So far for DD (will be 19mths) we're doing:
playdoh
mini doodle pro (great for church!)
toothbrush
bandaids
stickers
ball
crayons
will probably toss some snacks in there too...

AlbrightRC
10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys keep them coming please. He is getting some of the tadoodles crayons from his grandparents for christmas. He's not ready for regular crayons or stickers as they go straight in his mouth.
He came home from EThiopia at 10months so this will be his first christmas.

Jen841
10-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Toothbrush
Music and or DVD
Bandaids
Bath stuff - bubble bath, those grow washclothes, bath toys/puppets (FAVORITE toy is measuring cups)
Cars
Stuff from the pantry for filler (I know it is lame, but it works to fill the stockings and it is stuff that excites them)
Deck of cards - did it once and now they expect it. They love playing with the cards. It is only an entire deck for a short time, but hours of fun!

vonfirmath
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys keep them coming please. He is getting some of the tadoodles crayons from his grandparents for christmas. He's not ready for regular crayons or stickers as they go straight in his mouth.
He came home from EThiopia at 10months so this will be his first christmas.

Are the tadoodles crayons purchased yet? if not, I WOULD NOT DO THIS. They are frustrating and harder for the little ones to use than the "big" triangular crayons.

What I did at this, I put the crayons in his stocking and then put them away after he opened them until he was ready to play crayons (or, rather, I was ready to monitor. They are ABLE to do it amazingly young)

Other stocking stuffers we did:
Playskool texture balls
toothbrush (they need to be replaced every 3 months anyway, so this is a good excuse for one)
board book (Doggies by Sandra Boynton, a favorite over the last year)
A set of stacking boats.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schrefflerfamily/3139506629/in/set-72157611642413907/

AlbrightRC
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
The tadoodles have already been purchased. Both sets of grandparents start shopping early as do we. He has plenty of balls so we aren't really in the market for any more of those. I'm thinkin some schleich animals even tho the age is 5 and up he has a giraffe he has been playing with since 14 months old so i think he would enjoy more of those..still taking notes on everyones ideas.

MommyAllison
10-26-2009, 11:19 PM
For DS (will be 19 months) we have-
small board books
puppet
winter themed bowls (I think his are snowmen, DD's are penguin? from the target $ spot)
fun socks
stickers
crayons
toothbrush
snacks
small playsilks
cotton playfood

I can't remember what else. What we have is probably plenty to fill it though!