PDA

View Full Version : FP Jumperoo vs. Evenflo Exersaucer

LoveBeingMrs
10-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm debating on whether to get the:
-Fisher Price Precious Planet Jumperoo (http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16184098&)
and/or
-Evenflo ExerSaucer Splash (http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=300&pfid=3101)

Any opinions on jumperoos and/or exersaucers? Do most people get one or the other... or both? :tongue5:

MoJo
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
We had both, only b/c DH thought DD really needed the jumperoo.

We used the exersaucer a LOT more. I was never completely comfortable with the jumperoo, because I was afraid DD would smash her fingers on the doorway when holding onto the side of the toy.

We used the exersaucer every day a couple of times a day; it was great so I could have some hands-free time.

lorinick
10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
We had both as well. The exc. was from child one and we got the Jumperoo for a shower gift. DS2 never really used the the excersucer. He loved the the jumperoo. So different than the pp stated.

arivecchi
10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
We have a similar jumperoo and love it. I think it would last longer than the exersaucer because you can adjust the height. My 9 month old still uses ours daily and he is not a tiny kid. ;)

This is the one we have:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2984340

lchang25000
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
We have a similar jumperoo and love it. I think it would last longer than the exersaucer because you can adjust the height. My 9 month old still uses ours daily and he is not a tiny kid. ;)

:yeahthat: We have the FP Rainforest one.

soontobe
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
we never had a jumparoo (but I always thought they looks awsome and ds probobly would have loved it). we did barrow an excersaucer and it was terrific!!! I kept it in my room to be able to get dressed in the morning and then when ds stopped letting me put him in it he started to play around/at it. meaning with all the toys, but standing around the outside and not sitting in it. well he is a year this week and still loves using it that way-so it has a longer life than i would have expected.

Jo..
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Get the Jumperoo. The new ones are the best of both worlds...they jump :ROTFLMAO:, and they spin around in a circle and can play with multiple toys (like the exersaucer).

I think the PP Mojo is thinking of a different doorway jumper (Johnny Jump up)? The Jumperoo is freestanding, and they can't smash their fingers.

We had both with both children. For DS, we used both, because the jumperoo at the time only jumped.

With DD, we got the newer Rainforest Jumperoo, which made her exersaucer completely obsolete. I sold it on CL because she never used it.

LoveBeingMrs
10-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Get the Jumperoo. The new ones are the best of both worlds...they jump :ROTFLMAO:, and they spin around in a circle and can play with multiple toys (like the exersaucer).

Do you know if the Fisher Price Precious Planet Jumperoo spins around in a circle?? I didn't even know this feature was available! :bighand: Which ones spin??

lchang25000
10-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Do you know if the Fisher Price Precious Planet Jumperoo spins around in a circle?? I didn't even know this feature was available! :bighand: Which ones spin??

I believe it does. My Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo spins around also.

BayGirl2
10-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Yes, the seat spins. They are surrounded by different activities/toys. DS is too little to turn himself, but I can position him facing different ways for variety.

We have the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Jumparoo, which has the farm theme. DS started using it at just under 4 months and loves it. I bought it off Craig's list from an 18 month old who had loved it. I think they are good for limited use - not more than 30 minutes/day - beyond that I have some concerns.

Exersaucers and Jumparoos are good items to buy used, they tend to be in good condition, easy to clean, and are bulky so parents want them out. I tried DS in a bunch at BRU first because they all seemed to fit a little different. I found a lot of the FP rainforest ones on Craigs list. Had to search a little for the Laugh and Learn but it only took about a week to find one for a good deal. If you are looking new BRU has a coupon in the flyer that came out today.