PDA

View Full Version : Uggs-how do you wear yours?

veronica
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I have never had a pair but bought the ones below (ugg suburb crochet) for only $36 from 6pm.com a few weeks back.

I don't normally like the tucked in jeans look and was planning on wearing them under jeans. DH wants me to tuck (I'm short and don't think this would looks or feel so good).

Any ideas on how to wear them or should I just resell them???
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mg/NMZ0849_mg.jpg (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/productImagesPopup.jhtml?selected=mg&item=prod84100064&pageProductId=prod84100064&yB=mg_prod84100064)

arivecchi
10-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I have never had a pair but bought the ones below (ugg suburb crochet) for only $36 from 6pm.com a few weeks back.

I don't normally like the tucked in jeans look and was planning on wearing them under jeans. DH wants me to tuck (I'm short and don't think this would looks or feel so good).

Any ideas on how to wear them or should I just resell them???
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mg/NMZ0849_mg.jpg (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/productImagesPopup.jhtml?selected=mg&item=prod84100064&pageProductId=prod84100064&yB=mg_prod84100064) I have tallish Uggs like yours. I fold my jeans high enough that you can see the boot (mid calf). It actually looks good. If that look does not work with the top I am wearing, jeans go all the way down. You can also wear them with skirts and tights. For that price, keep em!

k_null81
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I wear mine with my pants over them. Partially b/c most of my pants are boot cut so it's hard to get all that material into the boots and not look stupid.

wellyes
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't tuck, but if you have the legs for it, go for it!

I wear mine like winter boots, and they've GREAT for that, but: these boots were made for surfers initially, developed bn Australia, popularized in Hollywood. Wearing them as I do, for actual WARMTH, is probalby missing the point. What can I say, I'm more practical than stylish.

Cheburashka
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
For that price, I'd keep them and wear them however I felt like. My younger sister wears skinny jeans that go into her boots, and she looks very stylish. She's also pretty short, I want to say 5'4" on a good day, and it's never bothered her. If you don't like tucking your pants in, just wear them out. Kindly remind DH that you're the one who is going to be wearing the shoes, and he can wear his jeans however he wants with his Uggs.

veronica
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Kindly remind DH that you're the one who is going to be wearing the shoes, and he can wear his jeans however he wants with his Uggs.

He is ok with how I choose to wear them but he works in a High School so he is surrounded with the tucked in look!

Cheburashka
10-26-2009, 01:09 PM
He is ok with how I choose to wear them but he works in a High School so he is surrounded with the tucked in look!

Ahhhh, I see where he's coming from now. That makes sense.

Charlie
10-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Great deal! I really like those. I just bought a pair of the Kirkland Shearling boots and was wondering how to wear them as well so this post was helpful to me - I think I'll probably go with rolling up my jeans or else wearing my jeans over them. I tried the tucked in look and it was not happening with my boot cut jeans.

Twoboos
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
WOW, that's a deal!!

I got these faux-uggs and have been wondering the same. I think I need a pair of straight or skinny cut jeans. I have a pr of riding boots too, and it's hard to tuck in boot cut jeans into those as well.

The rolling up might work, then you could still see the pattern on the boots.

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=16&sort=&category=dsw12cat550005&prodId=193627&brand=

Melaine
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I like yours, you should definitely keep them!
I got the Cabelas shearling boots a month or so ago and I am loving the warmth and comfort. So far I've only worn them with the jeans out though. I have some jeans will go into them but the knees seem a bitty baggy; just doesn't look quite right to me. I'd like to try them with skirts but not sure that I have the nerve. My feet are also kind of big (8/9) so sometimes I feel like others can pull off stuff I can't.

KathyN115
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I usually wear them under jeans as well, unless I am out in the snow with DD. Then the jeans get tucked in. I think you will be fine both ways!

wendibird22
10-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I say any way is better than how my students wear them...with their baggy, writing on the butt, sweats tucked in. Not a fashion statement I'm looking to copy!

veronica
10-26-2009, 02:25 PM
My feet are also kind of big (8/9) so sometimes I feel like others can pull off stuff I can't.

Maybe this is what bothers me too. I'm a size 9 and only 5'2 so you can imagine the nicknames I have had. I feel like I have clown feet on my own so adding the ugg and tucking jeans in just screams "look at my disproportionately large feet needed to support my disproportianately large butt :rolleye0014:.

niccig
10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't. In Australia, I grew up with Uggs as slippers, and you did not wear them outside. I know they have styles now that are for wearing outside, but it's something I can't get over. I even saw an Ugg summer sandal that I really liked, but I couldn't get past the slipper thought.

With the ones you bought, they're for tucked in jeans, skirts so you can show them off. If you wear jeans over the top of them, then they will look like slippers.

MMMommy
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I always wear my jeans tucked into my Uggs. I love them, and they are so comfortable. My husband's comment is always "How about never wearing them at all b/c they are UGG-ly?"

JenaW
10-26-2009, 04:57 PM
For those of you who can't wear skinny jeans (I am WAY too hippy - as in I need the boot cut leg to counter balance my WIDE hips), try capris. I refuse to buy skinny jeans because it reminds me of the 80's when we tapered our jeans, and I think they look hideous on my body. But I do like the look of jeans tucked into high boots. I usually wear my ugg knock-offs with a pair of capri jeans. You can't tell they are capris because the ends are tucked in, but there is a lot less material than trying to tuck in full length boot cut pants.

Nooknookmom
10-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I have the classic short's in Burgandy. I wear them everywhere and with about anything.

I've worn them tucked in with skinny jeans, under my boot cut jeans, with a mini-skirt (ok I'm old so not TOO mini but it was a cute skirt), with shorts, with sweats-yep that about covers it.

I love them and just wore them to the store last night with a tee and a pair of shorts. My feet were the only thing that was cold, lol.

infomama
10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
All depends on the pants I am wearing. If they are wider and I can wear them over...that is what I generally prefer to do but I have tucked them in once or twice and I'm comfortable with it. cute boots!

lchang25000
10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I usually wear my Uggs with leggings to my ankles and an oversized top/sweater to cover up my butt.

arivecchi
10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I usually wear my Uggs with leggings to my ankles and an oversized top/sweater to cover up my butt. Oh yes! I forgot about that combo! That was my favorite combo while I was pregnant last winter! :thumbsup:

lchang25000
10-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh yes! I forgot about that combo! That was my favorite combo while I was pregnant last winter! :thumbsup:

Mine too and it still is. :D