PDA

View Full Version : Pump Recommendation?

diegosmom
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I need some help for a friend. She is a new mom and breastfeeding. She needs a pump for occasional use. She does not work full time and will pump periodically to be able to go out, run errands and leave the baby with family adn build a small supply. I'm at a bit of a loss in what to recommend to her since my situation was so different.

I work full time and LOVED my Medela PISA (for DS1) and then my Freestyle when DD came along. I strongly believe in Medela but would hate for her to invest so much in a pump that isn't going to get much use. Although, I do know some of the websites offer them at much better prices than BRU.

My inclination is for her to consider somthing like the single pump, possible, the Medela Swing which I know nothing about or a less expensive double. I know Ameda is popular but again don't know anything about them.

For me the decision was much easier, as I knew I needed a double pump that would last and would pump in a short amount of time.

Thoughts? thanks in advance.

kim_mi
10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
I really like my Medela Swing pump for occasional use and building a small supply.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
she can get an Ameda Purely Yours, or the Lansinoh branded pump which is the same thing, for about $120. Or get a manual pump, the Avent Isis for a lot less than that.

Lmans77
10-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I just bought a Lansinoh double electric as a back-up for my alternate work location. It is on sale at drugstore . com for 102.99, and a I googled a coupon code and got an additional $10 and free shipping. Can't beat a good double electric for $93!!

My good friend uses this same pump. She works full-time and pumped at work for a year for her daughter. She said it worked great.

Otherwise, I would recommend an Avent Isis. I could pump quite a bit with my Isis, just takes a bit longer.

I also have a Medela PISA, but I also could not justify that much money if your friend is only needing occasional pumping,.