PDA

View Full Version : Got DD#1's H1N1 mist...and some pedi info.

Indianamom2
10-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Had to take DD #1 to the Dr. today because she's had something since mid-Sept. So, we just bit the bullet, braved the germs and went in. Turns out she had a sinus infection and the start of an ear infection, so I'm glad we went. Now we have two weeks' worth of chewable Amoxicillin (my kid WILL.NOT take the liquid).

While there, I asked if they had the H1N1 shot yet (they've been out). They had the mist and still don't know when the shot will arrive. I asked if it was okay to get the mist (due to shedding) since I have a 3 month old and which version was more effective. The pedi said that the only time they wouldn't give the mist was if someone was SEVERELY immune-compromised (like on Chemo, severe chronic illness) but that it wasn't an issue with infants. She also said that as far as one being more effective than another, the regular flu mist showed some signs of being more effective and sooner, so it might work the same with the H1N1 mist. However, when I asked about getting a second dose (since DD#1 is 5) she said that honestly everyone would be lucky to get one dose.

So, since the H1N1 is rampant around here, we just did it and I can only hope that it helps protect her (and baby brother).

Hope the info might help someone else.

Christina