PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!! BJCM or CC?

CLDUB
10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I am so torn about which one to get. I know the CC is being discontinued, so that does concern me. I probably would just get the CM and be happy with it, but the CC is on sale for even cheaper than the CM.

My use would be mostly suburban....mall shopping, neighborhood walking etc. We do, however, frequent parks, zoos, museums, and our neighborhood can be somewhat hilly, so the air tires would be nice.

This would be the only stroller I purchase, besides a frame for the infant carrier, so I want it to be pretty universal. Is the CC too big and bulky for an everyday, easy stroller?? Is the CM sturdy enough to take everywhere, including long walks on not the best streets??

Seeing as the CC is cheaper right now, should I grab it, or go with the CM since the CC is being phased out?

jacksmoma
10-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Thats a really tough one...really comes down to how you'll actually use it and if the weight bothers you. I have a bjcm single that i keep in my car for errands or the park...i also have a bjccd that mainly stays in our garage to walk to the park or take to disneyland/longer days out (i have a 24 month old and 5 month old). The bjcm is so great, i'd almost say go with that if it's your only. the weight of the classic might be too much to be your only- you'll probally get an itch to get something lightweight for your car, but the classic just literally pushes itself and i love the nice all black air tires. BUT if you mainly walk around at home, the classic would be better, the bjcm is ok for light walks but really shines as a lightweight all in one stroller. i know the price of the bjcc makes it a hard decision. you could get both! either way you go- you'll probally want the other type down the road....

happymom
10-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree with Jacksmoma. I got the mini when DD was born and have been loving it. Its fabulous for lifting in and out of the car and for using on errands. However, it does not push so easily on bumpy sidewalks or streets. Dont get me wrong- compared to a lot of other strollers, it pushes like a dream...you can easily push it with one hand most of the time. But I just got a BJCC and now I see that the mini's 6" (or is it 8") wheels just don't compare to the classic's 12" air tires.

Bottom line is- if youre planning on lifting it in and out of the car, its prob gonna be a bit too heavy and bulky (how much trunk space do you have?) for you. Thats why the mini is so popular- its basically a fully loaded umbrella stroller.

And I also agree with what Jacksmoma said- whichever one you choose, you'll prob want the other one also later on. So maybe get the classic now while you can.

HTH!

jacksmoma
10-26-2009, 05:37 PM
totally- i've had JUST an umbrella type stroller and just a jogger...i always end up wanting the other type....i really would get both :) i'm soo happy with my bjcm/bjccd combo, no more yearnings! the mini's going to lack for walks and the classic's going to feel big/heavy to lift into the car. if you can only get one, decide what you want to sacrifice....

happymom
10-26-2009, 06:02 PM
the mini's going to lack for walks and the classic's going to feel big/heavy to lift into the car. if you can only get one, decide what you want to sacrifice....

well said!

lhafer
10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
I just purchased the BJCC, and love it so far (got it for $218 no shipping or taxes from Amazon). While it is more bulky and heavier than the mini, I do not regret my decision so far. I kind of view it as excercise!! I keep it in the minivan right now (currently live in an apartment).

I am hoping to use my BJCC as an all in one when my baby is born in Feb. Right now my 3.5 year old fits in there with lots more room to grow! Took her to Target this past weekend - she fell asleep in the car. Got her out of the car and into the stroller (fully reclined) without her waking, walked around Target pushing the stroller one handed (holding hand basket in the other) around tight clothing isles with ease for 45 minutes and she never woke up.

I have a Baby Planet stroller as well. It folds up like an umbrella stroller. Here's what I have noticed so far about the strollers. The baby planet is 17 pounds. It took up the entire bottom portion of the trunk space of my minivan. It fit nicely, and I was able to put stuff on top of it. The BJCC is bulkier and doesn't fit into that space quite as nicely. BUT it only takes up half that space - the other side there's totally room for groceries, etc.

I got the Classic specifically for the tires. Well, tires and the adjustable handlebar, and the fact that I can lock the front wheel if needed. I plan on using it for walking around the neighborhood, etc. I didn't think a mini's tires would hold up to the wear and tear. I decided to sacrifice the weight/bulkiness of the stroller. But I have a minivan, so it wasn't much of a sacrifice.

Good luck! Tough choice! I had to think long and hard before I made mine!!

sweetsoul99
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd just like to chime in and say that I agree with everything that has been said above.